Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speedometer stopped working

Toyota aygo 2007

Hello,

I would really appriciate if anyone help me, my speedometer stopped working in my Toyota Aygo 2007.

Car was sitting around for 3 weeks, there was problems with electric Windows with wipers and few more things, I have changed the fuses and everything works again, just not the speedometer.

Any help would be wonderfull

Thanks

Sorry if my guess is wrong but in older models the speedometer is controlled by a kind of cable , isolated type.
It's also a known thing to go wrong in higher mileage cars.

Check if that one cable (all cables in case of electronic) is still attached to the speedometer ...

edit Looked at the spare part though, second hand speedometer..  Looks very electronic. Sorry if i would be wrong.

There is still a cable between sender and receiver.
I see 6 fuses on the speedometer itself though.

afbeelding.thumb.png.fcb94b5fca402fd1c146815a1a09cce6.png

14 hours ago, haelewyn said:

Sorry if my guess is wrong but in older models the speedometer is controlled by a kind of cable , isolated type.

The speedo on all Aygos from the very beginning has been electronic, there is no Bowden cable.

not seen a speedo cable used on a car since the 90's, '86-88 Vauxhall Nova (Opel Corsa) even had an electronic sender iirc

The gauge cluster does a lot of things on a modern car built in the last 20+ years, the mk1 Aygo uses the dash for power distribution (fuse box) and lighting control among a lot of other things

Forgot where the era of cables and turning numbers ended.. My mistake.
Saw later, when i looked at the spare part on internet that it was a 'modern version'.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links