Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange issue

JoelNE

Hello. I have a 2015 Aygo, that recently had my right front lightbulb go out. Thinking it was just simply a bulb that blew, I replaced the two front lightbulbs with new ones.

As I turn on the lights on again upon replacement, the problem persists. Only the left lightbulb is working, just like before, and the right (now with a new lightbulb) still is not working.

What could be the issue? I recently also had my rear window wiper go out, as in when I wanted to wipe the rear window, it slowly turned until it one day did not respond at all.

I''ve researched various topics, and since it's only one side of the bulb that's not working, it can't be a fuse problem. Nor is it a relay problem as I wouldn't have any blinker indication if it was. Am I correct in my assumptions?

I've no idea what to do at this point and I don't want to spend a lot of money driving it into a workshop.

Does anyone have similar experiences or expertise in this field? It'll be greatly appericiated.

According to the assignment of the fuses in the Engine compartment (2014, 2015) the front lamps fuse is Number 22 and has (A) rating of 25.

Does the number 22 mean where it is located in the fuse box itself and the (A) rating of 25, the ampere?

So if I were to replace the front lamps fuse, it would have to have (A) rating of 25 aswell? Do you reckon it'll help anything on my issue?

I'll replace the relay first, and if that dosen't work, I'll replace the fuse too. I'll update what works and what won't.

How do I know which relay controls the headlights in the front?

Possibilities :

Bad negative wiring / contact.

Find the power with a testlight on the right point.

Oxidation of the contact points.
Oxidation inside the fuse box (no idea if this Aygo has this thing as a common failure) especially if water came into the vehicle in the fusebox area.

I would check these before replacing things... 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links