Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Owners Manual

padams

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, as I just purchased a second hand (2001) Yaris 1.3 VVTi (RS). Here in Cyprus we get a lot of cars shipped from Japan, so all the descriptions are in Japanese…

As I have read from reviews, the car lags some low rev power… My car being an automatic (gears change at low revs, and when you put your foot down, the gear doesn’t change so to give me the extra power), I was wondering if any of the knobs and buttons do anything to change this….

Can anyone point out where I can find the owners manual in English?

Any comments are more than welcome.

Thanks

P

I found the solution as to why i couldn't get my engine in high revs.... Although its a stupid reason, i thought i might share it with you guys.... you never know....

The dealer had installed a second foot mat on the drivers side.. So when i was putting my foot down, it was a cm or two up, thus no kick down, and gears were changing before engine was at high revs.....

Thanks

P

Yes padams that is a common problem, we have had a few people on here talking about their mats restricting how far down the accelerator can go.

Where abouts in Cyprus are u from cos my brother has just come back from Ayia Napa and he sed he seen some lovely looking Yarii over there!

Cheers :thumbsup:

I had the same problem. Bought mine second hand and it didn't have a manual (hence my first ever post about how to fill the tank!!) So found one on eBay and had it within a few days. :thumbsup:

;) I have a new 1.3 automatic. There is no 'kickdown switch' as on most automatics. You should have (might have) a push button near the top of the shift lever. If this is pressed it will hold it in third until it is pressed again. Much better that a 'kickdown'. (In my opinion)

Hope that helps

Brian :thumbsup:

Can anyone point out where I can find the owners manual in English?

Hi there.... try your local Toyota agent, they will be able to get down an english manual for you.

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links