Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

SOS question.

ApophisAstros

Yesterday saw this red light on sos button ,  any ideas?

image.thumb.png.76d6b148a49b20794685006865eddcca.png

Roger

Maybe a malfunction with the safety connect so contact a dealer. It’s in the first chapter or so of manual 

Maybe it wants you to play it some Abba 😄

But more seriously it's a fault and you should report it to your dealer.

What red light, I only see a green light... or do you mean the SOS and Phone symbol?

If so, I'm guessing this is the first time you have driven the car in the dark :laugh: 

But seriously, that's normal - It lights up so you can see it to press in case of emergencies in the dark.

28 minutes ago, Cyker said:

What red light, I only see a green light... or do you mean the SOS and Phone symbol?

If so, I'm guessing this is the first time you have driven the car in the dark :laugh: 

But seriously, that's normal - It lights up so you can see it to press in case of emergencies in the dark.

Strange, mine lights green.

Weird... I wonder if they changed it in the later Corollas? I'm pretty sure the one in my Yaris is the same as pictured...

There is a recall on these - that might explain strange behaviour 

1 hour ago, AndrueC said:

Strange, mine lights green.

And mine lights red when car first started then reverts to green

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Weird... I wonder if they changed it in the later Corollas? I'm pretty sure the one in my Yaris is the same as pictured...

Cyker, mine on ignition starts off red and changes to green quickly as per handbook.

Do you mean the indicator lights at the bottom or the SOS+Phone symbol?

When I turn the car on, the SOS+Phone symbol stay red all the time, but the red and green indicator lights behave as you say.

The OP's indicator light is green so I don't think there is any problem.

There is a sequence it should do on start up, should light up red, go off, light up green, and then the red should come on and off and leave green on any other variation to this is a fault 

Yup. Since his clearly shows green, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I suspect the red light the OP is talking about, according to the photo, is the SOS+Phone icon, which is *supposed* to be red.

On 11/7/2021 at 6:00 PM, Cyker said:

Mine does show the sos and phone symbol it’s on all the time just had a look tonight there is a small red led that comes on when you start the car then goes out after a few seconds  and another green led stays on along with the sos and phone symbol

Just checked with Toyota , its completely normal.

Roger

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links