Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Some SatNav Questions

BigRedSwitch

Catlover, that makes sense. Naturally if you take advantage of the offer you will download load as soon as convenient. 

I would buy the maps at £119 for three years.  Come on Toyota!  Make us an offer.

22 minutes ago, BigRedSwitch said:

I would buy the maps at £119 for three years.  Come on Toyota!  Make us an offer.

I would still use Waze (or the like). The in-car sat nav is not as easy as Waze to set up, slower to go through the set up. I would love to project Waze to the main car screen but sadly my car does not allow that. ☹️

On 11/20/2021 at 11:41 AM, BigRedSwitch said:

Don't you see '3Yr MapCare & Services' available to buy for £119 when you log in on here?

https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eStore

Yes Nick, I saw that but it seems that it's only for the Touch 2 With Go High - whatever that is.

2 hours ago, BigRedSwitch said:

Yes Nick, I saw that but it seems that it's only for the Touch 2 With Go High - whatever that is.

On the link provided there are two £119 Map & Services one for L & one for H 

• L Low
  • H High

refer to the version of navigation module installed High included 3D maps & voice control.

If you select setup then software update your car will have a software version such as 6.8.2 WL or 6.8.2 WH

W is Western Europe map set, latest map being 6.18.0 W_

Purchase the corresponding option of L or H then "purchase" the corresponding map download of 6.18.0W_ the map will add to basket then switch to F.O.C once you go to checkout.

Ok, so I've bought the 3-year map care but now I have new problems!

After paying, nothing happened - the screen did not change.  Huh?  So I went into Purchase History in MyToyota, found the map care purchase and clicked on it.  A little box called Installation Help appeared. A click on that broughtup a series of screen shots of the sat/nav display showing me what I had to do to install the maps directly on to the sat/nav unit.  So, out to the car armed with my mobile and laptop...

The text accompanying the first screen shot said "Connect your phone to your navigation system via bluetooth. You will need either a DUN or PAN profile enabled on your phone."  I connected my mobile to the satnav ok but as for DUN and PAN profiles!  I assumed that I may have such a profile by default and moved on...  It seems I was more or less right about the DUN/PAN question because I discovered they're actually in the sat/nav unit and not in my mobile. However, I did have to turn "bluetooth hotspot and tethering" on in my mobile.

I followed the directions to the e-store button and I saw a few items that were "installed" but no sign of "map care" yet.  Presumably, these are items now authorised in the server and waiting to be downloaded?  That should take nanoseconds, not hours!

I'll update this post when I have news to report.

3 hours ago, BigRedSwitch said:

Ok, so I've bought the 3-year map care but now I have new problems!

After paying, nothing happened - the screen did not change.  Huh?  So I went into Purchase History in MyToyota, found the map care purchase and clicked on it.  A little box called Installation Help appeared. A click on that broughtup a series of screen shots of the sat/nav display showing me what I had to do to install the maps directly on to the sat/nav unit.  So, out to the car armed with my mobile and laptop...

The text accompanying the first screen shot said "Connect your phone to your navigation system via Bluetooth. You will need either a DUN or PAN profile enabled on your phone."  I connected my mobile to the satnav ok but as for DUN and PAN profiles!  I assumed that I may have such a profile by default and moved on...  It seems I was more or less right about the DUN/PAN question because I discovered they're actually in the sat/nav unit and not in my mobile. However, I did have to turn "bluetooth hotspot and tethering" on in my mobile.

I followed the directions to the e-store button and I saw a few items that were "installed" but no sign of "map care" yet.  Presumably, these are items now authorised in the server and waiting to be downloaded?  That should take nanoseconds, not hours!

I'll update this post when I have news to report.

Left the car running for over an hour with the e-store page displayed on the satnav.  The mapcare did not appear!  Switched off and rang the dealer I had bought the car from saying I needed some assistance. No problem, he said and I'm taking the car in on Thursday.

Meanwhile, a receipt for the mapcare purchase from Toyota in Belgium appeared in my inbox. Aha, I thought - they've finally woken up and I expect the mapcare is now available to download/install.  No way, Jose.  No change in the e-store contents...

It's a good job they don't build their cars the way they build their satnav support systems.

• Haha 1

A service guy at Mr T got as far as I did and gave up trying to go the proscribed way. Instead, he used a USB that was pre-loaded with the latest software and maps and I'm now sorted.  We think the software on my car was so old that it did not support the current procedure to download new maps.  Installing new software is, I was told, a dealer-only job so something to get checked when the car is in for a service.

The end?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You can pick up updates from eBay for £30 - if you’re only interested in the odd updated per year. Even then, £30 per year over 3 years = £90. May as well pay the £119 for all updates, plus a few other services - imo.

Adam, I'm now sorted with updated maps and software from Mr T.  Thanks anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links