Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smartphone connection via usb Hi I have a

Michelle Bavage

Hi I have a Toyota Aygo 1.0 VVT-i (71bhp) x-play Hatchback 5d 998cc (Jun 2018) that I was told was compatible with Android Auto. I'm using an Huawei P30 pro and am trying to connect via usb for use the smartphone integration system.

When I plug my usb wire into the car usb socket, it just chargers my phone and fails to connect to the smartphone integration system. 

Can anyone help or shed some light on what I'm doing wrong

Try using a USB data cable rather than one that just charges. Often the original USB cable suplied with the phone is a data cable.

6 hours ago, Michelle Bavage said:

Hi I have a Toyota Aygo 1.0 VVT-i (71bhp) x-play Hatchback 5d 998cc (Jun 2018) that I was told was compatible with Android Auto.

Does your radio have 2 or 3 buttons?

If 2 then it will only work with old obsolete phones running an app that's no longer available on the Google Play Store (or the Apple App store).

If 3 then it's likely a cable problem, both AA and CarPlay need good quality DATA cables.

That's definitely worth emphasising - I keep getting people complain to me their mobile device won't connect to their computer, and half the time it's because they bought a cheap cable from a supermarket and didn't read the packaging which says CHARGING ONLY, and thus missing most of the wires a proper cable has!

Sometimes I really want to run over the people who thought up such a penny pinching scheme (Not that the Mk4 would let me :laugh: )

On 11/11/2021 at 6:15 PM, PetrolDave said:

Does your radio have 2 or 3 buttons?

If 2 then it will only work with old obsolete phones running an app that's no longer available on the Google Play Store (or the Apple App store).

If 3 then it's likely a cable problem, both AA and CarPlay need good quality DATA cables.

This is my unit. I got a high quality data cable and still nothing.

If only the obsolete app will work, do you happen to know its name?

13c84973-228f-40a4-ac5f-60df298dd90e.jpeg

App was 'Android auto'.

Your photo shows the two buttoned radio.

If that is the one you have, you have the older version.

I just wondered anyone (guess mainly Android users) is still using an old phone running that App with this two-button radio?

I have an old Samsung phone that once had that old App installed, but later Samsung disabled that App in an OS update. It still exists on my phone occupying some storage space, but I have no way to run that App. 

I found this on an android forum for you but I doubt it is still up to date info :

""""""You can't "reinstall" Android Auto.
As Android Auto is part of the os now, you can uninstall the updates and then install the updates again.
If you want to get the icon back and use the app on your phone screen, you need to additionally install Android Auto for phone Screen as well.

If it works you can try to share your screen with mirrorlink afterwards, if your car accepts that already.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links