Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mirror link help

Mman1

Hi just got a 2015 Aygo it comes with mirror link sadly newer phones won't connect had an old Samsung galaxy s3 on Android 4.3 tried this but this does not work as well.

Looking for some advise really as I am aware that there are some issues could anyone advise what versions of mirror link is built in on Aygo version 2015 as the manual dies not say it looking to get Samsung S3 working with this and if anyone can advise what software or if any upgrades are needed

I tried Mirror link with 2015 vintage smart phones and, to be honest, the functionality was very limited. I had a couple of phones it worked with SonyZ3 and Samsung A5, but there were no useful applications for me, although I believe Spotify was available. My view is that it is a waste of time. Once I had set it up, I found that I couldn't get the car to forget the phone or vice versa, I don't recall exactly. Honestly, I think it's not worth trying.

Edited by Stopeter44
Completion, Spelling

I agree with Stopeter44, MirrorLink was limited back when it was current. You may be better off looking at a retrofit of a headunit supporting CarPlay or Android Auto.

• Like 1

Or maybe a good alternative is to buy a recent phone and a holder to use it on the dashboard in the car. That would cost you less anyway !

26 minutes ago, haelewyn said:

Or maybe a good alternative is to buy a recent phone and a holder to use it on the dashboard in the car. That would cost you less anyway !

Don't know if you're in the UK, but the law has/will be changed with the use of moblie phones, meaning it has to be totally hands free

No, I am not in the UK, but ... I would think that if the phone is on a holder, it's the same as using your radio or constantly adjusting a bad wiper system with rain sensor trash 🙂
If I'm wrong,  ignore my advice (sorry about that then).
A modern new phone will react to voice commands too, starting with Hello Google.

I meant like this. Are they going to forbid this in UK ?

afbeelding.png.162cebd33ab9f2dcb77dd1564256a607.png

Many thanks to all the contributors,

I agree it is a waste of time ,just thought might be a straight forward set up but with the software limited in its capacity i guess todays smartphones will be much better option 

Thank you all

On 11/14/2021 at 1:09 PM, haelewyn said:

No, I am not in the UK, but ... I would think that if the phone is on a holder, it's the same as using your radio or constantly adjusting a bad wiper system with rain sensor trash 🙂
If I'm wrong,  ignore my advice (sorry about that then).
A modern new phone will react to voice commands too, starting with Hello Google.

I meant like this. Are they going to forbid this in UK ?

afbeelding.png.162cebd33ab9f2dcb77dd1564256a607.png

This should be fine.

It just cannot obstruct the windscreen, and drivers cannot use the phone (except handsfree operations) until the vehicle is parked.

However Aygo has a very different circular air vent.. there is a very limited choice to properly mount a phone, and this is another story

Search for "Brodit proclip Aygo" or "Brodit 855035".

Hope that is helpful for you.

I have the Brodit A pillar mount, did think about the Brodit mount that goes on the HVAC panel but I often have passengers with limited mobility and was concerned they would knock it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links