Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2016 ago beeping with no warning light

JH2010

I got an x-cite 2016 aygo today and every so often it starts beeping coming from the dash board. it happens for 2-3 minutes, going from slower beeps to faster ones after about a minute. We're going to get it booked for a check but just wondering if anyone has any idea what it could be? there is no warning light at all. it stops if I either stop and put the hand break on or just stops on its own after a few minutes. TIA

Manual or X-shift transmission?

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Manual or X-shift transmission?

Manual

Beeps going faster : seat belt alert ?

Maybe the car doesn't know any more if you are wearing the belt ?

Check the sensor or fasten your seat belt.

Seat belt alert goes slow first, then faster and louder. Stops completely after about 2 minutes.

I thought about clutch too but that beeping is not going faster after a while, no ?

Dont know if the clutch beeping alert even exists on a manual.

• Like 1

Ignore anything said about the clutch as you have a manual !

Are you carrying anything heavy on a passenger seat ?

Not sure if the Aygo has it, but some of my old cars had a sensor that detected a load and an unfastened belt.

I would bet on a seatbelt sensor issue somewhere.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, martswain said:

Not sure if the Aygo has it, but some of my old cars had a sensor that detected a load and an unfastened belt.

+1

The newest Aygo's have a seat occupancy sensor on the front passenger seat so will trigger the seatbelt alarm if there's something heavy on the seat or a faulty occupancy sensor.

+1, Beat me to it.

Heard about this on late 1st gen cars which had passenger seat sensor added, a bag on the front seat would trigger it, so assume the 2nd gen cars would do the same.

3 hours ago, martswain said:

Ignore anything said about the clutch as you have a manual !

Thought it could be a faulty sensor on either driver or passenger seat belt. didn't have anything on any seats but still went off which makes me think its the driver. however, just been out in it for 20/30 mins and no beeping. hoping it stays that way 

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed today, keeping this topic in mind, that the Aygo beeps if I don't fasten my seatbelt but it doesn't beep if the passenger neglects to do so.

I do see some small lights in the middle of the dash, rather high, to report people not wearing the belt or belts not being used at all.

15 hours ago, haelewyn said:

I do see some small lights in the middle of the dash, rather high, to report people not wearing the belt or belts not being used at all.

AFAIK those are for the rear seat belts, plus a warning not to put a child seat in the front because of the passenger airbag.

That's right.

About the beeping noise : I saw we both got in not wearing the belt, then the beeping started.

Driver put on the belt and the beeping stopped even the passenger didn't wear a belt yet.

So either it stops when one side wears the belt. Either it gives no warning for the passenger.

• 11 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links