Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

RAV4Jay

14 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Usually 'how many left' are 1-2 quarters behind. The screen you attached is for vehicles taxed - not new registrations. The new registrations tab shows that 660 Dynamic PHEVs were first registered in 2022, but the site doesn't indicate whether this was for the full year, or how many quarters the 660 relates to.

I think you are correct… just checked a few other models and no entries for the same two quarters. Let’s hope when the site updates it shows a good few cars coming through 🤞

So I've ticked by the 1 year wait mark. Passed it on the 24th December. Reading online that Dynamic's wont be built anymore and that my order might come as a GR Sport.

Will be upset and kick off big time if its going to cost me more, because when I ordered the car was £37,000, it's getting close on £45,000 now for the similar spec. 

The last I heard from my dealership was that my order will be delivered in "june" with no further info. Very very demoralizing. 

Given the current state of the order process or to be correct the inability to order a Rav4 it’s all most impossible to say what’s going to happen to orders like yours.

When I ordered my it was a 2021 model by the time I got it, it had changed to a 2022, Toyota kept the price the same even though the car had gone up by nearly £4000 but a model change maybe different.

22 hours ago, Roger_N said:

Given the current state of the order process or to be correct the inability to order a Rav4 it’s all most impossible to say what’s going to happen to orders like yours.

When I ordered my it was a 2021 model by the time I got it, it had changed to a 2022, Toyota kept the price the same even though the car had gone up by nearly £4000 but a model change maybe different.

This is what I hope! I've been told it will be a 2023 model, with the new infotainment. No JBL Speakers though because they've been removed from the spec.

Best grab a strong drink before reading this update…..

Just made my way back from my Toyota main dealer (UK) today, having visited to ascertain the current (no bull ) state play with my order (PHEV DP)..ordered April 2022 (we have to put the year down now, which speaks volumes)..I personally looked at the print out from Toyota UK, with my order number on it, and the ETA has now moved again from July to November 2023😱.

I was also told that this was not guaranteed either. 

The staff are great, and it’s not their fault, but I think the time is approaching to forget this car and move on…life is passing bye too fast to wait another year. The stories in the ‘Stolen’ thread are also making me anxious, that even if my car did arrive, it could easily be stolen…take your pick for the method of theft…there’s plenty to choose from!

Interestingly, I called in at Lexus, and they ARE taking orders for the NX450H, and are quoting a firm delivery date of September 2023, with a price promise as well as no deposit required.

I am now seriously considering either going down the Lexus route, or maybe even looking at the Cupra Formentor. 

Not a very positive update unfortunately, but it’s what I have been told today.A sad day indeed 🥲

1 hour ago, Ravirules said:

Best grab a strong drink before reading this update…..

Just made my way back from my Toyota main dealer (UK) today, having visited to ascertain the current (no bull xxxx) state play with my order (PHEV DP)..ordered April 2022 (we have to put the year down now, which speaks volumes)..I personally looked at the print out from Toyota UK, with my order number on it, and the ETA has now moved again from July to November 2023😱.

I was also told that this was not guaranteed either. 

The staff are great, and it’s not their fault, but I think the time is approaching to forget this car and move on…life is passing bye too fast to wait another year. The stories in the ‘Stolen’ thread are also making me anxious, that even if my car did arrive, it could easily be stolen…take your pick for the method of theft…there’s plenty to choose from!

Interestingly, I called in at Lexus, and they ARE taking orders for the NX450H, and are quoting a firm delivery date of September 2023, with a price promise as well as no deposit required.

I am now seriously considering either going down the Lexus route, or maybe even looking at the Cupra Formentor. 

Not a very positive update unfortunately, but it’s what I have been told today.A sad day indeed 🥲

We looked at the Formentor before opting for the RAV. Great drivers car, driving position, styling, interior design, finishes. However Infotainment is very distracting with too many hidden menus for daily tasks. Boot is very small - basically it is more of a Corolla size car. EV range is less too although the engine can be remappped…… 

• Thanks 1

Pedro, the Lexus is a good substitute for the Rav 4 PHEV, it only lags a little in performance/range and has not that much less luggage space, okay it doesn't have the rugged and robust look but I think it's actually decent looking. I ordered one when they were first released then changed my mind, luckily then only 4 months wait for the Rav.

• Thanks 1

Hi Piers,

Hope you're well and wishing you a Happy New Year.

Your Rav-4 is currently still showing an estimated date of arrival of June 2023, however we still have no VIN meaning this is subject to change.

I am closely monitoring it weekly and will of course keep you updated.

Yipyee. 

18 hours ago, Ravirules said:

The stories in the ‘Stolen’ thread are also making me anxious, that even if my car did arrive, it could easily be stolen…take your pick for the method of theft…there’s plenty to choose from!

Personally, I wouldn't use this as a deciding factor. Any car has its vulnerabilities for relay theft (if smart entry/start) or Canbus attack, in fact you mention considering the Lexus which appears to being target in exactly the same way people talk about the RAV and is possibly more desirable in the steal to order world.

• Thanks 1

As do other brands having just seen a picture of a Range Rover trussed up like a chicken in a container, the rear end lifted off the floor and suspended from the roof.

• Like 1

I just found the picture again, it does show to what lenghts these creeps will go.

72071408-C936-4239-BA35-487E14EDF1AF.webp

If the prospect of car theft would make me nervous of a car purchase then it is time to reconsider priorities and need some reality checking. A car is a lump of metal and as long as I am not in it and no one gets hurt, there are far more serious issues and risks in life to worry about. In 2020 We had an attempted theft of a 3 month old £25k caravan - there was a lot of damage and an insurance refusal to pay however in the end with my own endeavours it only cost about £500 to put right. It wasn’t the end of the world and the sun still rises in the sky each morning. 

• Like 3

Agreed Adrian, if it got to me then I’d probably opt for a car a few years old that presented a less obvious target in terms of value.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 9:21 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Usually 'how many left' are 1-2 quarters behind. The screen you attached is for vehicles taxed - not new registrations. The new registrations tab shows that 660 Dynamic PHEVs were first registered in 2022, but the site doesn't indicate whether this was for the full year, or how many quarters the 660 relates to.

Just noticed Q3 has updated on the howmanyleft.co.uk website.

The increase in RAV4 PHEV Dynamic Premiums licensed from Q2 to Q3 is only 39 vehicles!😱. Dynamic is up 200…so a bit better, but does imply that supply is still a huge problem…or am I missing something here?

Both Rav’s (HEV and PHEV) are sold out of the current model, so no more until the 2024 model is released?

I know it’s not Toyota only vehicle but I would hardly call it getting back to normal just yet, maybe by next year if nothing else happens to mess it up.

Selling out a years allocation is a separate issue. This happened before Covid with various brands and models, especially imports. 

Ordered: 3/22

First ETA: 9/22

Production stopped during summer without new ETA.

Second ETA given at fall: 4/23

ETA at the moment: 5/23

Car went into production today, so I guess it comes to Finland 10 weeks from now via Belgium and Sweden. Dealer said the ETA's in their system are messed up, that's now news.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, richie69 said:

Car went into production today, so I guess it comes to Finland 10 weeks from now via Belgium and Sweden. Dealer said the ETA's in their system are messed up, that's now news.

That is good news. I hope that mine will go in to production soon also. Latest eta from dealer is 27.april

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 9:15 AM, richie69 said:

What model/spec?

Ordered 24/12/2021

First ETA 26/09/2022

Second ETA 20/12/2022

ETA at the moment xx/06/2022, no set date. 

Car not in production. 

HEV Dynamic with premium pack. 

5 hours ago, sonosp said:

What model/spec?

Ordered 24/12/2021

First ETA 26/09/2022

Second ETA 20/12/2022

ETA at the moment xx/06/2022, no set date. 

Car not in production. 

HEV Dynamic with premium pack. 

PHEV. You can't compare it to the UK models, they seem tweak the accessories between market areas somewhat. They have "Active, Intense and Premium" here, I got the "Intense". I went thru the UK brochure and seems my model is between Dynamic and Dynamic premium in some sense. My model is one down from the premium model, that has basically everything except the panoramic foor which is the only optional accessory on that trim level. The stuff missing compared to the premium are: 360 camera, emergency parking break, 19" wheels, Bi-Tone color, ventilated front seats, drivers seat with memory function, electronically adjusted passenger seat.

Also the steering wheel is on the left side of the car so can't compare it to UK models because of that too :).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, richie69 said:

My model is one down from the premium model, that has basically everything except the panoramic foor which is the only optional accessory on that trim level.

I do hope that's a typo. 🙂

...for roof and not floor.

• Haha 4

When I was young my Dad had an old Morris Minor.

By the end of its life you could see the road through the footwell rust holes 😁

1 hour ago, Yugguy1970 said:

When I was young my Dad had an old Morris Minor.

By the end of its life you could see the road through the footwell rust holes 😁

…but it made it so much easier when you came to a hill, just stick the legs out and start running. 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our first family 'car' was an A35 van. Dad drilled holes in the footwells to let the water out! He also built in a rear folding bench seat for us kids 👍.

Very grand after the motorcycle and sidecar we did have 😀.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links