Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo security

Bitch1001

We recently had our fiesta st stolen ..they used a device to get into the OBD 

we got it back luckily ..just cost me nearly £900 to add extra security to it to try and prevent it going again 

I know aygo are not high up on the vehicles to steal list , but it got me thinking how secure are our cars ????

They're susceptible to the coat-hanger trick to actually break into them (So don't leave any valuables in it!) but like all Toyotas it has an immobilizer that's built into the ECU and AFAIK it can't be bypassed via the OBD port.

• Like 1

ST and RS cars are very high risk, as are the Golf R and GTI - Alarm, tracker and relocate the obd2

Aygo, Mk2 is a bit better than the Mk1, an alarm with tilt and break glass (Cat 2-1) will stop most

11 hours ago, flash22 said:

ST and RS cars are very high risk, as are the Golf R and GTI - Alarm, tracker and relocate the obd2

Aygo, Mk2 is a bit better than the Mk1, an alarm with tilt and break glass (Cat 2-1) will stop most

I’ve  secured the OBD ..added a immobiliser and bought a disklok for the ST ... I was so lucky it was recovered..I’ll won’t be that lucky again i know 

they bypassed the Ford immobiliser somehow ... !

we still not 100% sure how they got in car ..wing mirror wires were hanging out , so maybe that way 

You might consider an Invoxia GPS tracker, if you don’t have something similar already.

You hide it somewhere in the car, and it will give a warning to your phone if the car is tilted or moved. If it is moved, it will relay the cars location to your phone, every 10 minutes (parametrable).

If nothing else, when your car is in for service, it will let you know where it’s being taken and when it’s being worked on.

Mine works underground, too, although the UK specification may be different.

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

They're susceptible to the coat-hanger trick to actually break into them

The second generation don't have the pull up button on the door like the first generation.

As regards the Fiesta and Focus ST, certain years are notoriously easy to steal. One was stolen outside our house within three minutes - drivers glass smashed, thief climbed inside, OBD device inserted ( which mimics the key), and away.

• Sad 1

Have a look on YouTube, there are a few on the focus RS - these black boxes and relay attack devices change hands for £2-3K and are easy to get hold of if you know where to look

8 minutes ago, flash22 said:

these black boxes and relay attack devices change hands for £2-3K and are easy to get hold of if you know where to look

Anyone with a Mk2 x-clusiv which comes with keyless should keep their keys in a shielded place when at home to prevent relay attack.

Must admit did raise an eyebrow when I saw the old skool door pins on our 107, but I always used a steering wheel lock on ours, but you can only do so much, many years ago had wheel lock and alarmed car broken into by smashed window, wasn't stolen thankfully, only the road tax disc taken! Glad you got yours back, hope it is all ok from fellow ST owner. 

10 hours ago, Bitch1001 said:

they bypassed the Ford immobiliser somehow ... !

OBD port access is unlocked as its an EU anti competition requirement to allow any garage ( or car thief ) to be able to plug it & gain access to the engine ecu.

With the right equipment connected to the OBD port, the factory immobiliser might last a minute before they drive away - the factory alarm system is even weaker. 

Some of the tests Thatcham do for security certification are laughable & no way represent what happens in the real world of car theft.

thank my lucky star the day bought Toyota in 2000,not had any trouble since,in just a few years,

son's cooper stolen not recovered ,Jeep cj7 stolen not recovered,replaced with brit/leyland est. stolen used in bank robbery, 3 more broken into. Then 21 yrs peace.

5 hours ago, Puglet said:

Must admit did raise an eyebrow when I saw the old skool door pins on our 107, but I always used a steering wheel lock on ours, but you can only do so much, many years ago had wheel lock and alarmed car broken into by smashed window, wasn't stolen thankfully, only the road tax disc taken! Glad you got yours back, hope it is all ok from fellow ST owner. 

It’s been ragged about a bit ... they pulled a lot of wiring out when they stole the front and back dash cams ... One ball joint is knackered , Door mirror needed replaced , it’s on , but needs to go to  a body shop to fix it more securely as they ragged on that as well 

it’s now had OBD secured , a 2nd closed circuit immobiliser on it , a disk lok ..and will be fitted with an alarm by Xmas 

6 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Anyone with a Mk2 x-clusiv which comes with keyless should keep their keys in a shielded place when at home to prevent relay attack.

Mine is not keyless 

1 hour ago, Bitch1001 said:

It’s been ragged about a bit ... they pulled a lot of wiring out when they stole the front and back dash cams ... One ball joint is knackered , Door mirror needed replaced , it’s on , but needs to go to  a body shop to fix it more securely as they ragged on that as well 

it’s now had OBD secured , a 2nd closed circuit immobiliser on it , a disk lok ..and will be fitted with an alarm by Xmas 

Few years ago, I went a bit OTT and had an aftermarket steering wheel with snap-off adapter, so that gave 'them' something to think about, unfortunately the MOT rules changed so I had to refit the original steering wheel and airbag, spoiling all my fun.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

16 hours ago, Bitch1001 said:

Mine is not keyless 

I posted that comment as a reminder to those who do have keyless, realising it wouldn't affect you.

20 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

I posted that comment as a reminder to those who do have keyless, realising it wouldn't affect you.

Even those who protect their keys are at risk ... 

the just use mirror wiring to open door , use OBD and they are gone 

I was very naive to car thief methods a week ago ...  disk lok is a great visual deterrent, they don’t like the time it takes to get them off 

As good as the disklok is, hopefully they improved the design cos remember when they first came out they could be removed in minutes, being a Ford owner heard of a few RS Cossie owners found to their cost, it could be 'fixed' if you were handy with a welder, that's why I removed the steering wheel altogether.  

7 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Please explain how the mirror wiring helps them unlock the door?

I have no idea what they done... car electrics place said something about gaining access to door module electrics to open the central locking 

6 hours ago, Puglet said:

As good as the disklok is, hopefully they improved the design cos remember when they first came out they could be removed in minutes, being a Ford owner heard of a few RS Cossie owners found to their cost, it could be 'fixed' if you were handy with a welder, that's why I removed the steering wheel altogether.  

I’m just adding another level of security with the disk lok ... hopefully they will think twice about it ,as removing one takes time and can be noisy 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bitch1001 said:

I’m just adding another level of security with the disk lok ... hopefully they will think twice about it ,as removing one takes time and can be noisy 

Totally agree, that's all you can do, we owned few motorcaravans over the years, had Cat 1 alarms, steering wheel locks and wheel clamps, but the fact the coachbuilt part had flimsy window locks and rear doors didn't help, we luckily had no break ins, but manufacturers sometimes do make it too easy!

16 hours ago, Bitch1001 said:

I have no idea what they done... car electrics place said something about gaining access to door module electrics to open the central locking 

Given that there are no door modules in the Aygo (but there are in most other cars) I would treat their comment with a pinch of salt.

It was the Fiesta ST that got nicked, not the Aygo

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links