Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

usb size ?

kjr46

I don’t think there’s a maximum size, but it seems that Touch 2 will not recognise beyond 32 gB of data as well as having a 255 folder, 255 song per folder limit, with 9999 total song limit.

Check this thread:

Thread about CD, but goes to great length about USB stick limitations with Touch 2

Edited by Stopeter44
Insert link to USB limit thread

16gb of mp3's will give you 5-6 days of continuous play, 32gb is more than enough ch-r uses the later touch2, there are a few known issues so worth checking what software you have

• 3 weeks later...

I may be wrong, but as far as I can tell, the Toyota system likes a 2.0 USB which has been formatted to FAT32. This is usually a maximum of 32gb due to formatting issues. 

I use 64gb stick, it works fine , but I am a long way from the 9999 song limit. I read somewhere that the touch 2 will read NTFS formatted, too.

I read somewhere that the touch 2 will read NTFS formatted, too

Interesting. I must try a 64gb stick. So far, I have a couple of 16gb sticks with a few albums on each. Usually I connect my iPhone via bluetooth and listen to music this way.

4 hours ago, Big_D said:

Interesting. I must try a 64gb stick. So far, I have a couple of 16gb sticks with a few albums on each. Usually I connect my iPhone via Bluetooth and listen to music this way.

I haven’t settled on the best solution for me, I’m happy with the stick for music. I haven’t really tried using the phone via CarPlay, I tried again today. The phone responded to “hey Siri, play some music but I couldn’t hear anything, and I didn’t have time to faff.

I’m not usually technophobe, I wouldn’t touch a windows computer, but I can change disks and bring macs back to life. Using CarPlay stumps me for the moment.

I've never had a need to use the Carplay facility in my C-HR

CarPlay is good to get the navigation screen on the multimedia console. I had Waze running fine today, but I couldn’t control the volume from the steering wheel buttons, I had to use the volume control inside the Waze app. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links