Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2014

Deebell

Suddenly my indicators have been playing up. Sometimes you push them up or down and it works other times you have to literally hold it down for it to work. The hazards seem to be temperamental also. Any advice please 

sit in the car with the ignition on, use the indicators left and/or right and wobble the hazard light switch button

Sounds like a dodgy contact somewhere, but finding the where will be the tricky bit...!

Dodgy contact in the indicator switch is a very common problem due to corrosion in the stalk, widely commented on Facebook groups and other forums.

Can often be temporarily fixed by operating the indicator stalk many times and holding it against the 'end stop' - but the cure is either a replacement stalk (eBay or local breaker) or for the brave opening the stalk and cleaning the contacts.

On my Mk1 the temporary fix worked long enough (6 months) until my Mk2 arrived.

I thought indicator stalk, but op said they have issues with the hazards too, 2014 could be a late mk1 or early mk2 Aygo

40 minutes ago, flash22 said:

I thought indicator stalk, but op said they have issues with the hazards too, 2014 could be a late mk1 or early mk2 Aygo

AFAIK the Mk2 uses the same stalk (except when Auto lights are fitted) as the later Mk1? So I'd still check out the stalk first.

Either one, it's all cluster controlled, Mk1 has relays soldered to the pcb, not sure about the Mk2

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

Either one, it's all cluster controlled, Mk1 has relays soldered to the pcb, not sure about the Mk2

I tried LED indicator bulbs on my Mk1 C1 - the hazards flashed normally but the indicators flashed fast indicating a bulb failure due to the low current drawn by the LEDs and only cured by adding resistors to simulate the current draw of the incandescent bulbs.

As mentioned, the main indicator stalk you can try holding the stalk on/off, but in my experience the better fix was to remove the indicator stalk and clean or replace the stalk completely, which is easier, but both are airbag off jobs. The hazard light switch try operating that a dozen or so times, seen more success doing this, but again ultimately a new swich may be needed. As said , these common indicator issues over the years on the Mk1/ first gen cars, so plenty of info out there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links