Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Mk2 Aygo HVAC illumination bulbs

APS

Hi all,

Has anyone replaced the bulbs for the heating and AC controls in the Aygo? The illumination for the HVAC controls in our 2014 Aygo has partially died.

I've pulled off the front cover and loosened the contrlols, but they are still attached by the control wires, which makes it harder to access. Before I start pulling things to bits further and risk breaking something, I'd appreciate any tips from someone who's already done this. YouTube only seem to have videos for the mk1. 

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I've now replaced the two bulbs in the HVAC controls. It's a straightforward job that doesn't really require any tools. You may want to use some needle nose pliers to twist and remove the bulbs. Otherwise everything is just snap-in plastics. Even the control wires. 

The bulbs are T509s and can be sourced from Halfords. Note; These bulbs appear to have no clear standard reference and may be sold as T5 286/ 509T / 206T / 286TC / B8.5D - depending on whether they refer to the bulb size, holder type or size. 

If I find the time, I may post some photos of how to do this. As I mentioned, it's quite easy.

All those bulbs have some minor size differences - converting from filament to led's can be a headache

Yes - I did no go to LED but stayed with filament.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links