Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Intercooler Fan Not Coming On Help!

BLOODUK

R.E http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20376

Basically when i first drive the car it feels really quick but over a very short period it doesnt feel as quick when i get back home the engine cooling management light comes on see thread above. The engine temp was halfway and the radiator fan was working fine , but when i stop the car i hear a bubbling sound from the rear engine compartment and not once has the intercooler fan come on. My dad did a test on the fan with a Battery and it came on so the fan is working , but all the pipes are RED hot.

What worries me is the intercooler fan is not coming on which is causing the turbo to get too hot this is why sometimes the car doesnt feel like its boosting correctly when ive driven it around and especially on HOT days. Having a read up the symbol on the dash also means the intercooling management.

What do i do ? Would a non working intercooler fan have an effect on the turbo?

FIXED IT :arrgg-matey: :arrgg-matey:

Basically i cut the sensor off and started the car i wanted to see if the fan would start without the sensor being in and it started up, so i now know the sensor isnt working correctly, As a temp measure till i get it sorted i left the wires uncut and tied them off as not to cause any electrical touching. The fan now runs permantly and the engine bay is so much cooler, i could even put my hands on the rear grill without burning them and as a bonus the car really felt so much faster it put me back into my seat a few times.

oh and No light came on ;)

Good on ya BloodUK! Well done. Glad all is now well. :thumbsup:

Thanks Earl ;)

To anybody else that feels it was a bad idea , i wont be having it like this PERM ill be going water injection at a later staga. But at the moment it works damn sweet , its like a new car! So it shows my turbo was getting way to hot and this may have been why my ecu was going into safe mode with engine heat.

I've diconnected my fan temp sensor so it's on all the time .. common mod ..

I've diconnected my fan temp sensor so it's on all the time .. common mod ..

Thats good , so having it turned off is a bad idea then? :)

Off is bad yeah .. I'm just of the opinion that every % of cooling helps ..

1 bar boost and two scoops, fan on and WI ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links