Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paint Fade

qwertyuiop

Nah for the small amount he'll use for this job it'll do no damage.

Cutting compound is used in every bodyshop to improve the finish of

new paintwork.

cutting compund and a mop will only help the car so much before you start wearing the paint very thin

That's what I thought old banger, cutting compound I think is similar to exfoliating. You can't keep doing that all the time surely, the paint will become very thin, and the thinner it gets, the easier the sun will penetrate right through - leading to faster fading.

Is the caribean blue a metallic finish? Or can you just get a laquer finish over your existing paintwork?

On my old 106 GTI a mate of mine (body sprayer) tried cutting compound and buffer on the front wing to get rid of a bad scratch, it removed the scratch along with the top layer of paint, it went really dull and even lots of wax couldn't make it shine properly again. Wouldn't use it again.

you see this is the problem, you would have to have the car re-painted carrabian blue again then a coat of laqeur over top, you cannot get away with i laquer coating. cars cost nothing but money :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links