Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem With My L Reg Corolla

T_aslam

Hi guys, hows it goin, i've got an L (uk) plate corolla which is year 1993 and 113,000 miles on the clock. I recently had the clutch replaced and time belt kit too. I keep havin a problem with it tho. It seems to make a lot rattly noises wen i'm revving it especially in lower gears, its 1332cc and engine is in good nik. I do sometimes have a problem puttin the reverse gear in, i have to do it three times sometimes to get it right. Anyone know wot this is? It used to happen before the clutch and time belt were changed but lately its just gotten worse. it only happens wen the engine warms up tho, not wen its cold. Thanks for any help.

If you hav had the timing belt done, did they check the tensioner?

After I had mine done, it went back as it developed a rattle when warm,

this was traced to the tensioner not being correctly set when the belt was replaced.

It was more noticable when cornering...

Also check the gearbox oil level...

if it is gearbox or any engine strain related rattles, it normally goes away when you put your foot on clutch when on the move.

It maybe related to the new clutch not being put in correctly..get clutch to just about bite with handbrake on in 1st or 2nd gear...the strain may bring any rattles to the surface, get a mate to listen with bonnet open so as to pinpoint any rattles.

Make sure you do this only for brief periods, away from any walls or obstacles and with any mates not standing in front of the car.

Does it rattle with clutch pedal down and revving?

:wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links