Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Europe sales increase by 8% in 2021

FROSTYBALLS

Glad to hear that.

The only real criticism I've heard of Toyota's over the years are 'dull to look at' and 'dull to drive', which frankly isn't that important for most people. Now with their new direction and models they've certainly fixed that though by anyone's definition!  About the only redeeming quality in my eyes of some of the European manufactuers is they make cars that are visually nice to look at, and in some cases a phenomenal driving experience... but only while they work before they inevitably run into issues that are unecomical for most to pay to fix or bother with. 

Good on Toyota!  I hope the new models continue to embody its quality and reliability as well as looks and performance.

46 minutes ago, SB1500 said:

The only real criticism I've heard of Toyota's over the years are 'dull to look at' and 'dull to drive', which frankly isn't that important for most people.

I know people who don't care a jot (yes, jot) about how a car drives, absolutely zero. They only care about the perceived good deal they get from a dealer, and that moving from car "n" to car "n+1" is not a culture shock!

2 hours ago, SB1500 said:

The only real criticism I've heard of Toyota's over the years are 'dull to look at' and 'dull to drive', which frankly isn't that important for most people.

Before I bought my C-HR I looked around at different marques. I ended up buying a Toyota because of the looks (so definitely not dull to look at) and the way the 2.0 litre drove (I certainly never found the car dull). I think the C-HR is one of the nicest looking cars around !!

I moved to Toyota after many years of owning VAG products. Lergely because of the economy, and all the gadgets (and the looks to an extent) i went for  Yaris MK4, i just happened to watch Matt Watson's Carwow video. Yes, the one where the car actually broke down believe it or not!

Despite this something pulled me towards it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mikw said:

something pulled me towards it

There is something about the Toyota. 

I remember seeing a C-HR on the road and remarking to my wife that although I liked the location of the rear door handles, it was not a car I would ever own. 

Yes, I know....  I love my C-HR. It's one of the nicest cars I've ever driven.

• Like 1

I think you just have good instincts Mikw :laugh: 

When I first tried the Mk4 I immediately felt it was a viable car for me to change to from my old diesel - It just felt right!

The most amazing thing to me about that list is that 701 people have bought a Mirai :laugh: 

I hope they live in the south...!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mikw said:

Largely because of the economy, and all the gadgets (and the looks to an extent) i went for  Yaris MK4,

I looked at a few alternatives, I was leaning mostly towards the Yaris Cross at the time, like the Ford Puma & Fiesta. In the end I couldn't justify any other choice than the Toyota because of the reduced emissions & better fuel economy. Ford may have been able to swing it for me with a flex fuel (E85)* motor, but they had no automatic transmission option with that engine.

(* this costs 50% less than E10, its not available in my village, but can be had at the next town c. 25 km away, OTOH is E85 such a great idea ?)

Talking of gadgets, or not, why don't EU/UK market Toyotas have auto locking ?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links