Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Mr2 2.0 Gt Tbar Anniversary

Invisus

Hi, I'm new to this forum. How ya all doing?

I wonder if anyone can tell me what is special about the TOYOTA MR2 2.0 GT TBAR Anniversary model, apart from trim. How many BHP are they and what sort of 0-60 time would they do. Are they any more powerful than the standard 2.0 GT TBAR or what?

Sorry I am a MR2 noob.

Basically i have about 11 grand to blow on a nice fun car, and i've found a carribean blue TOYOTA MR2 2.0 GT TBAR Anniversary model in incredibly good condition, low miles etc, but I am a bit of a power freak and wonder if it will do the trick for me (I haven't test driven it or anything yet tho).

Any info and opinions on this particular model would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

-Invisus-

The anniversary models had about 175bhp which didnt make them any faster than standard NA/s of that year. 0-60 is about 7.7s, the early rev 1/2s are the fastest (7.2s) even though they have less power (158bhp) since they didnt have the extra weight of side-impact bars etc.

The only diference really is the trim and the fact that they will hold their value very well. When you goto look at them make sure that they really are anniversary models, there were only 250 or so made I think. Alot of dodgy dealers and some clueless people advertise their car as a "10th anniversary" model on autotrader etc. when they really are not...

Thank you very much for the info, it sounds like a great car this. I am 100% sure the one i am looking at is a genuine anniversary model. And I am tempted to buy it.

The other car I have in mind is a 1999 Lexus IS200 Sport with supercharger. But I mean, that is just cause it's classy, luxurious and sporty all at once and I can get it for much the same price.

So now all I have to do is decide...

The MR2 looks like a pure fun car, and I like what you said about it holdig it's value.

Thanks again,

-Invisus-

for the lexus would defo be worth having a look at the sister club lexusownersclub.com and see if anyone knows the car, especially if it's s/c'ed :)

Personally - I'd go the Lex over an NA MR2 ..

More power and a lot more bling .. but it *IS* the car that Alan Partrage drives ..

Personally - I'd go the Lex over an NA MR2 ..

More power and a lot more bling .. but it *IS* the car that Alan Partrage drives ..

:lol::lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links