Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing the standard radio with a multimedia system

Bawbagistan

Hi i was thinking about changing my radio system with the OEM multimedia system, is it a plug and play sort of thing or is there anything i should know before doing this, i have toyota aygo 2016 model. Thanks

Screenshot_20220116-071558_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220116-071104_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220116-071403_eBay.jpg

The newest 3 button one is a direct plug'n'play replacement for the older 2 button one, not sure if they have the same pinout as the basic radio?

If you do go for the OEM multimedia one, get the 3 button one as that supports CarPlay and Android Auto.

13 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

The newest 3 button one is a direct plug'n'play replacement for the older 2 button one, not sure if they have the same pinout as the basic radio?

If you do go for the OEM multimedia one, get the 3 button one as that supports CarPlay and Android Auto.

I bought the 2 button one as it cost £80 whereas the 3 button model cost £500 on eBay i installed it today seems to work fine, the only issue is the audio port has a broken clip section so the plug doesn't securely fit in everything else is fine, do you perhaps know what the blue port is on the image of the back of the system is, i more or less know what the rest are, i assumed it was maybe something to do with the microphone but not sure thanks.

20220116_233632.jpg

Screenshot_20220116-071104_eBay.jpg

11 hours ago, Bawbagistan said:

do you perhaps know what the blue port is on the image of the back of the system is, i more or less know what the rest are, i assumed it was maybe something to do with the microphone but not sure thanks.

Can't find any details on the circuit diagrams I have, so I'm not certain but I wonder if that and the connector next to it are for the rear camera?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links