Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Myt app

Dave the aygo

I am trying to set myt app up but it won't link to car it says turn on car and press activate then it won't do any else it just won't connect any. Ideas I am missing something?? 

No dealer involvement is required if you actually have the car, it is only if you need to track an order that the dealer has to input information.

Have you signed up here ?

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/my-toyota/myt-and-connected-services

You do need a good internet connection on the phone and the car must be in an area of coverage of the relevant network, which you cannot actually establish as far as I can see.

• Thanks 1

The dealer had to contact head office to get mine to work. Then I used a different email to correspond with Toyota a couple weeks later and was then told my car had been deleted from the registration. Re-registered with the new email but to no avail. Have also given up, possibly for now at least. 

On 1/23/2022 at 4:42 PM, Dave the aygo said:

I'll give it another go when I can 

Did you have any joy with the MyT app? I finally got mine to connect today! Like yours, mine had been trying to connect but seemed to be sitting there for ages. When it seemed to be stuck again today I closed the MyT app down totally but kept the engine running; when I opened the app again it said it was ready for me to key in my mileage (as shown on the dashboard). It was as if it had connected anyway in the background but was unable to give me that message.

Anyway, keyed in the mileage and the connection was confirmed - it works! 

• Like 2

Tried yesterday and got to the mileage part so I put the mileage in and it wouldn't except it keeps saying incorrect mileage and now locked me out and said go to dealer to prove ownership so I will leave it now. fed up with it will probably pop into dealers when I get a chance 

16 hours ago, Dave the aygo said:

Tried yesterday and got to the mileage part so I put the mileage in and it wouldn't except it keeps saying incorrect mileage and now locked me out and said go to dealer to prove ownership so I will leave it now. fed up with it will probably pop into dealers when I get a chance 

I had exactly the same the last time I tried

On 1/19/2022 at 9:09 AM, PetrolDave said:

I can't be 100% sure (it was October 2020 when I got my Aygo) but I seem to remember the dealer has to do something online to enable it?

1 hour ago, rich146 said:

18 hours ago, Dave the aygo said:

said go to dealer to prove ownership so I will leave it now.

What a game to get it working with petroldave comment I may give the dealership a ring and see what they can do

How important is it really? As far as vehicle management goes ill book it in when the miles/12 months tell me. judging by the terms one has to agree to when setting up the app , id say its more benefit/valuable to Toyota for purely marketing reasons. The dealer seemed quite keen to contact me about my disconnection when I didnt give it any more thought.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 12:46 PM, rich146 said:

How important is it really? As far as vehicle management goes ill book it in when the miles/12 months tell me. judging by the terms one has to agree to when setting up the app , id say its more benefit/valuable to Toyota for purely marketing reasons. The dealer seemed quite keen to contact me about my disconnection when I didnt give it any more thought.

I suppose it's importance depends on a number of factors such as, is there only one driver, were you the first owner and so on. 

I am a new owner of a Aygo having collected an ex-demonstrator from the local dealers just a week ago, they registered it back last July. The service history shows a repair done by the dealer during their ownership so I guess if you are not the first owner the service history might be of interest.  

The trip information shows the trips that the car has taken in the last week or month or year and that information can be exported if you so wish.  The Driving Analytics on the other hand shows how the car has been driven.   This covers the basics such as average speed, total miles, maximum speed and both hard braking and hard acceleration events, all of which might be of interest if you own the car but it is sometimes loaned to someone else. 

Of course if none of the above is of interest it really is not that important.

48 minutes ago, Hornet3D said:

I suppose it's importance depends on a number of factors such as, is there only one driver, were you the first owner and so on. 

I am a new owner of a Aygo having collected an ex-demonstrator from the local dealers just a week ago, they registered it back last July. The service history shows a repair done by the dealer during their ownership so I guess if you are not the first owner the service history might be of interest.  

The trip information shows the trips that the car has taken in the last week or month or year and that information can be exported if you so wish.  The Driving Analytics on the other hand shows how the car has been driven.   This covers the basics such as average speed, total miles, maximum speed and both hard braking and hard acceleration events, all of which might be of interest if you own the car but it is sometimes loaned to someone else. 

Of course if none of the above is of interest it really is not that important.

The other potentially useful thing is that you can define people it will automatically message in the event of an accident based on deceleration in the range 1 to 100 (3 ranges are available 1-55, 56-90 and 91-100 - I've configured it for 56-90 and 91-100 which covers minor and major accidents).

7 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

The other potentially useful thing is that you can define people it will automatically message in the event of an accident based on deceleration in the range 1 to 100 (3 ranges are available 1-55, 56-90 and 91-100 - I've configured it for 56-90 and 91-100 which covers minor and major accidents).

I didn't know that so thanks for the information.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links