Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi to all members (RAV4 Hybrid)

Trebor64

Hi 

Many thanks for allowing me to join this great club. I am a proud owner of a Black Edition RAV4, which is my first Toyota vehicle in over 40 years of driving. I wonder how many other members also have a Black Edition? Looking forward to engaging with other RAV4 Hybrid members. Thanks once again.20210720_140728.thumb.jpg.277b1b931fcfdcdf09fe7bd56b1121f7.jpg20210720_140621.thumb.jpg.5f6877b8458526aec439611466c85e84.jpg

Hello Trevor - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Hi Trevor, welcome to the TOC. I’ve owned a RAV4 but have owned many Toyota’s many of them Black. In my opinion Black is the nicest colour of the lot, when it’s washed polished and shined to perfection.

Hi Bernard 

Many thanks for your comments. I must admit I've had the car Ceramic Coated ( albeit it's currently dirty...) and it certainly does shine. This is my first automatic, ( in 40+ years driving) which I found daunting at first, but now I enjoy it.

15 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

Hi Trevor, welcome to the TOC. I’ve owned a RAV4 but have owned many Toyota’s many of them Black. In my opinion Black is the nicest colour of the lot, when it’s washed polished and shined to perfection.

and the other 364 days of the year?

I have never owned a black car, and that is by choice. I agree, looks great when polished up. I don’t have the inclination to spend time (or money for others to) do the cleaning it warrants.        

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RUToyota said:

Welcome Trevor.

Thankyou

17 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Hello Trevor - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Thankyou

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

and the other 364 days of the year?

I have never owned a black car, and that is by choice. I agree, looks great when polished up. I don’t have the inclination to spend time (or money for others to) do the cleaning it warrants.        

Correct & right 👍 Joe. I’m getting older and stiffer and washing and polishing and shining and hoovering and detailing is much more of a chore than a joy nowadays, so my Yaris is silver and much easier kept. I still won’t take my car to the car wash and won’t even let the dealership wash it during service. The new 2022 Yaris I have ordered with the dealership is silver too, because I don’t have to wash it and all that entails to do it properly near as often as the black ones.

I have had more then a few silver ones, Bernard. My Prius is red, which I wanted because it looks great in this red, but not as bad as black to keep clean.

If you get a good ceramic/glasscoat you should be able to just hose it down with a pressure washer to clean it - Much easier than handwashing! Even the slightly iffy supagard applied to mine has stopped bird poop welding itself to the car so solidly; Last time I was able to dislodge it by spraying it with a garden hose, which normally is completely ineffectual!

It functions like a good wax, except it lasts a lot longer, but the trick is finding a good one. The supagard is okay but has almost completely lost its hydrophobic-qualities, so water no longer beads off it and dirt sticks to it like any car. The back of my Mk4 looks disgusting by the end of the week :crybaby: . Only difference is it comes off easier with just a rinse so a lot less actual cleaning needs to be done...!

Hi Trevor,

Welcome. I too have recently acquired a Black Edition Rav4. Given that I was in the market for a car immediately (moved out of the big smoke, so had no car) pounced on the most decent deal I could find, which happened to be a 70 reg back edition.

I too love it!

Hi RavLab

Thankyou for the welcome. You were lucky to get a Black Edition as I believe they are in short supply. They are really are an excellent derivative of the RAV4. 

On 1/24/2022 at 8:39 AM, Trebor64 said:

Hi Bernard 

Many thanks for your comments. I must admit I've had the car Ceramic Coated ( albeit it's currently dirty...) and it certainly does shine. This is my first automatic, ( in 40+ years driving) which I found daunting at first, but now I enjoy it.

Hi Trevor, in almost sixty years on the road, I got my first automatic in 2019. Now there’s two things I cannot do without if I have to buy a new car, automatic box, and air conditioning. I don’t mind driving my wife’s manual, but I by far prefer the automatic. You will love it.

10 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Hi Trevor, in almost sixty years on the road, I got my first automatic in 2019. Now there’s two things I cannot do without if I have to buy a new car, automatic box, and air conditioning.

You forget to mention the reversing camera, and the pano roof! Although, I did forgo that with my Yaris, around here it's very nice in the winter, but the rest of the year, it's too hot. I'm sure the extra weight has a fuel consumption penalty. 

5 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

You forget to mention the reversing camera, and the pano roof! Although, I did forgo that with my Yaris, around here it's very nice in the winter, but the rest of the year, it's too hot. I'm sure the extra weight has a fuel consumption penalty. 

I can quite happily do without the pano roof Peter, I’ve never looked up into the sky whilst driving 😲🤣, but I must admit I do find the reversing camera very useful too, especially after dark.

I must admit I'd have liked a normal pan/tilt sunroof, but the pano doesn't do it for me - Too big and you can't open it! Best thing about the Mk1 in summer was you can open the sunroof to let the hot air out with the AC running - Cooled the car down so fast!!

22 hours ago, Cyker said:

I must admit I'd have liked a normal pan/tilt sunroof, but the pano doesn't do it for me

I had a pano roof in the 208, I would never have ordered the car like that, but I arranged a good price on a < 2k km demonstrator when I bought it. In Paris it was a very useful, because of the way that traffic lights are arranged, I could more easily see the lights change through the roof when at or near the front of the queue at a red light. The other thing about Paris, is that even if it is called the city of light, Mrs Stopeter44 saw it as the grimmest of grey, most of the time, the pano roof gives the impression of a more spacious car. 

The way the Yaris is spec'ed in France, means that you have to buy the top level trims for the pleasure of adding the pano roof, so that meant 3k€ more than the spec level I bought. There were things in that spec that I would have liked (HUD & heated seats) but too much I didn't want.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links