Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi Toyota lovers :)

Philip_vvti

Hi everyone! 🙂

After I drove French and German cars, and then i sell the last car which was German car, I researched who is the most valuable and reliable car for my budget then I choose to buy Toyota Auris 1.4 vvti petrol. I am very happy with it for now. Please let me know more about this car, is there thing I need to care at most and is valuable to add LPG on it? Will be that save for the engine? For now fuel consumption is around 5L-100Km on open road and around 8L-100km for city driving.

Greetings to all!

LPG ruins cars my friend, doesn't matter the make or model, LPG is probably the worst idea you had, burnt piston rings etc etc

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Philip_vvti said:

Please let me know more about this car, is there thing I need to care at most and is valuable to add LPG on it? Will be that save for the engine? For now fuel consumption is around 5L-100Km on open road and around 8L-100km for city driving.

What's your objective ? Cheaper fuel costs ?

• Like 1

Hi Filipino, it seems like you doing 45mpg on an open road. That is very reasonable.         
Things you can do…… make sure the tyres are kept at the correct pressure for the load you carry.         
Make sure you have the car serviced as stated by Toyota.  For your car. In the uk that would be every 12 months/10000 miles….probably 12months/15000 Km where you live, check it out.
Make sure correct grade of engine oil is used, and use a good make. Engine oil filter, again a good make.          
You can check engine air filter easily, and change it. Again, use good quality.    Best check the cabin air filter (if fitted), especially if you or passengers suffer from allergies etc.

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2022 at 9:18 AM, 2toyos said:

LPG ruins cars my friend, doesn't matter the make or model, LPG is probably the worst idea you had, burnt piston rings etc etc

Hi Mathew thank you for sharing the info. I don't want to waste the engine at the expense of cheaper driving.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 10:46 AM, Stopeter44 said:

What's your objective ? Cheaper fuel costs ?

Hi Peter, my objective is cheaper fuel cost and any advise that can I maintenance my vehicle. 🙂

On 1/31/2022 at 11:17 AM, Catlover said:

Hi Filipino, it seems like you doing 45mpg on an open road. That is very reasonable.         
Things you can do…… make sure the tyres are kept at the correct pressure for the load you carry.         
Make sure you have the car serviced as stated by Toyota.  For your car. In the uk that would be every 12 months/10000 miles….probably 12months/15000 Km where you live, check it out.
Make sure correct grade of engine oil is used, and use a good make. Engine oil filter, again a good make.          
You can check engine air filter easily, and change it. Again, use good quality.    Best check the cabin air filter (if fitted), especially if you or passengers suffer from allergies etc.

Hi Joe,

Maybe in average I drive 100km/h on open road when current fuel consumption is around 5l (image attached), that is reasonable because the roads in my country are not in good condition everywhere. haha. Sure, this is not racing car I don't need more than 100hp like I have. Can you recommend some good oil and filter brands?
Thanks!

248335178_1021531471788431_88905184202950536_n.jpg

That's what I thought.

Do you have access to E85* fuel ? In France this is some 50%-60% cheaper than E10. You can get a flexifuel conversion for your car for about 700€ - 1500€, probably closer to 700€ for a 4 cyl. With flexifuel you can still use E5 and E10, and you wouldn't be excluded from public covered parking.

What's you annual mileage/kilometrage ?

*E85 means 85% ethanol, and usually derived from corn/maize, so growing maize for biofuel production, is arguably not a good use of agricultural land.

• Like 1

Filip, the roads in the uk are not too good either, pot holes left for ages, I wonder if some will ever get repaired.                 
With engine oil, stick to the grade and specification that Toyota state.       
There are many good producers of motor oil, for my car, Prius, it goes to Toyota for service and 0w-16 and no doubt the “can” shows Toyota.          For my wife’s Auris hybrid 2010 1.8 petrol engine I have started to supply Petronas Syntium 0w-20 fully synthetic to my local dealer. I would imagine your car may be 5w-30, but check that out and the specifications.            
Oil filter, again I go for a Toyota filter, about £12 on line from a Toyota dealer on eBay.

Always make sure what you getting has a specification that meets Toyota stated, can’t go wrong. Not the cheapest, but reliable doing it Toyota way.

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2022 at 1:23 PM, Stopeter44 said:

That's what I thought.

Do you have access to E85* fuel ? In France this is some 50%-60% cheaper than E10. You can get a flexifuel conversion for your car for about 700€ - 1500€, probably closer to 700€ for a 4 cyl. With flexifuel you can still use E5 and E10, and you wouldn't be excluded from public covered parking.

What's you annual mileage/kilometrage ?

*E85 means 85% ethanol, and usually derived from corn/maize, so growing maize for biofuel production, is arguably not a good use of agricultural land.

Hi Peter,

I am not sure if I have this type of fuel in my country but I need to check. I don't have good knowledge in fuels. I live in Macedonia if that means something you can help me.

My current kilometrage is around 90k, but because I buy this car not a long time ago I have to measure how will be in a year.

Every information about this is welcome.

Thanks!

On 2/1/2022 at 2:02 PM, Catlover said:

Filip, the roads in the uk are not too good either, pot holes left for ages, I wonder if some will ever get repaired.                 
With engine oil, stick to the grade and specification that Toyota state.       
There are many good producers of motor oil, for my car, Prius, it goes to Toyota for service and 0w-16 and no doubt the “can” shows Toyota.          For my wife’s Auris hybrid 2010 1.8 petrol engine I have started to supply Petronas Syntium 0w-20 fully synthetic to my local dealer. I would imagine your car may be 5w-30, but check that out and the specifications.            
Oil filter, again I go for a Toyota filter, about £12 on line from a Toyota dealer on eBay.

Always make sure what you getting has a specification that meets Toyota stated, can’t go wrong. Not the cheapest, but reliable doing it Toyota way.

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the info, I will follow the Toyota specifications to have the engine in best condition. 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links