Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headunit Memory

mjreid

hey, ive just fitted my aftermarket headunit to my yaris but its being quite annoying, the standard headunit turns on automatically when the key is turned in the ignition, and this one doesnt, and also when i set the radio stations and save them, when i turn the car off and turn it back on again, they have all been lost,

its all very annoying, just wondered if anyone knows what i can to, i think ive wired it up right,

thanks

erm its an alpine one, yeh i have used an iso adapter, ive plugged the yellow and red leads into the red lead of the iso plug with the double head, i think thats right, i mean the headunit works but just doesnt keep its radio memory when the car has been turned on again

thanks

is it a 4x60 unit cos u have to plug the Yellow wire direct to a permanant live i.e. the Battery. The Yellow one i used the ignition feed from the cig lighter. The permat live is what keeps the memory, I think tht is the porblem. Mae sure that the Yellow wire that attached to the Battery is fairly think needs to be about 15-20A.

PS ur wires might be a different colour to the ones i have stated so read the book :P

yeh mate, its the 4 x 60 watt, i remember it saying now dont connect behind the dash, so is it easy to connect it to the lighter feed then?

thanks

Noooo!

You should have a yellow wire there already, so connect yellow to yellow (which is already connected to Battery for you!) and red to red wire, besides, cig lighter only comes on with ignition which wouldnt help.

You should have a red and yellow wire coming out of toyota plug and they should be connected to the yellow and red wires with plugs. using the ISO adpator should take care of all that for you.

If that fails, try switching them over as the headunit may be different for power....

you shouldnt really need to change anything, if it works on your old OEM headunit it should work on your new one

On the more powerful Alpine units, u need to have a seperate wire that goes direct to the Battery due to the power output. that is why i sed that u need to take the Yellow Wire direct to the Battery and the Red to ignition. This is as per the book

blimey, thats quite complicated, so ive got to take the yellow wire to the Battery, does that mean im gonna have to get some more wire and go right to the Battery or is there somewhere nearer i can connect to, and the red to the ignition? ****, shouldnt it turn on with the ignition automatically like the standard one? and yeah it is a powerful head unit so i can imagine you would have to connect it to the Battery

cheers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links