Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Android Auto no longer recognised

MMDM

Hi folks

Up until the new year my partner and I could plug our Android or iPhone phone into the USB port and it would charge the device and more importantly, connect Android Auto (for the Android and vice versa) to the Aygo's screen.

For an unknown reason this no longer works. When we plug our phone in, Android Auto doesn't start up; both phone and car don't recognise reach other.

Furthermore or devices don't charge over USB, we need to charge via the cigarette-lighter using an adapter.

It appears the USB is disconnected.

There impact of this is we can't use our Google Maps app for directions.

Had anyone has this experience or suggest a fix?

Thanks in advance!

There are known issues with some devices that are fixed in your phone's latest update

you may have a damaged usb port. try a usb stick with some mp3's on it

have you tried removing all devices from the menu and setting them back up ?

• Thanks 1

Most likely the cable has had it; The cheap ones seem to wear out really quickly...! Esp. USB-C ones for some reason.

Also shine a light into the USB port and check it's okay - I've had a few instances where a USB port has stopped working; Sometimes it's because of damage, where someone has been too rough and somehow ripped the plastic 'tongue' out that the 4 contacts sit on, but I've also seen ones where so much dust has been rammed into the socket over time that the plug doesn't go in fully any more!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2022 at 2:19 PM, flash22 said:

There are known issues with some devices that are fixed in your phone's latest update

you may have a damaged usb port. try a usb stick with some mp3's on it

have you tried removing all devices from the menu and setting them back up ?

Brilliant idea @Cyker. I'll give that a go, I susspect the usb port is damaged as there is no electricity being supplied. A usb-stick with mp3's on it is a great idea to confirm this

thanks

On 2/2/2022 at 3:31 PM, Roy124 said:

I have certainly had a lost AA the dealer fixed it. 

Sorry @Roy124I don't understand, what is an "AA"?

On 2/2/2022 at 5:52 PM, Cyker said:

Most likely the cable has had it; The cheap ones seem to wear out really quickly...! Esp. USB-C ones for some reason.

Also shine a light into the USB port and check it's okay - I've had a few instances where a USB port has stopped working; Sometimes it's because of damage, where someone has been too rough and somehow ripped the plastic 'tongue' out that the 4 contacts sit on, but I've also seen ones where so much dust has been rammed into the socket over time that the plug doesn't go in fully any more!

Thanks @Cyker I'm going to give this a go -great idea.

The cable is fine because I can charge my phone via the cigarette-lighter, however it's still worth a go -JUST in case

2 hours ago, MMDM said:

The cable is fine because I can charge my phone via the cigarette-lighter, however it's still worth a go -JUST in case

Some cables are power only, for AA & CarPlay it has to be a power plus data cable.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links