Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Warning Light comes on - then flickers, and goes away while driving?

Duffman31

Hi all,

Over the past few weeks, my 2011 Aygo has been performing well, but whenever I brake a bit harsher than usual (for example, if a car comes round the corner/coming up to a junction, etc) the red exclamation mark warning comes up for a second or so (i believe this is in relation to the brakes?). However, when my foot comes off the brakes and I drive away again, it flickers for a bit, then goes away. When I brake normally, and smoothly, nothing comes up.

I believe this same warning light is the same one that comes on when I apply the handbrake. I thought that perhaps my handbrake wasn't fully depressed, but this is not the case.

I can find little online about this, so just wanted to see if anyone else knew what this could be? I believe a trip to the garage is necessary, but i'd like to have an idea of what I think it is first 🙂

Thanks all!

How many miles has the car done?  Have the brakes ever been changed?  If so, when and what mileage?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Catlover said:

How many miles has the car done?  Have the brakes ever been changed?  If so, when and what mileage?

Car has done 67000 miles. I can't remember off the top of my head if the brakes have been changed, will have to check my log book when I'm home.

I was thinking that perhaps the brake fluid was low? 

Thanks guys! I'll try the brake fluid first to see if that's the issue

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links