Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Owner - Avensis, Staffordshire

Viper254

Morning everyone,

Just saying hello; became a Toyota owner again after a couple of year's dalliance on the French car side which has now rotted out.

Had a Yaris before that (2001, 1.0) that is still on the road and beyond 200K on original motor and I've hankered after another Toyota.

Picked a '07 Avensis T25 (I think) 2.2 D4D at the weekend for the right price. For some reason, not too bad to insure compared to other similar cars as my partner's only had her license a month or so. We do a lot of long motorway runs as we're 300 miles or so away from family.

Never owned a car with bells and whistles before, and it's taking a bit of getting used to. It seems great so far. High miles but I'm not really bothered.

Looking forward to keeping abreast of Avensis stuff here on the forum.

Still working out what all the buttons do and trying to work out the sat nav!

car.jpg

welcome, Chris...good choice.

Welcome to the TOC forum Chris, cannot go far wrong with an Avensis or a Toyota of any model 👏

Hello Chris - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Thanks for the hellos 🙂

I'm really looking forward to starting driving it in March - seeing it sit on the drive awaiting use makes me sad!

Hi Chris, and a belated welcome to the Toyota Owners Club.

so you got a few weeks to go to start driving the Avensis. Keep playing with controls, you will soon get to grip with the main important ones. Just a point with the sat nav. It’s a 2007 car. Unless the maps have been regularly updated, which would have been costly, they will be out of date and road systems will have been changed, sometimes way beyond recognition of the sat nav map. I once was using a sat nav, stand alone, and the maps were out of date. More then a few trips where I was “driving across a field”, which it probably was 12-18 months before but was now a  road.  Another occasion I was on the new river Mersey bridge at Runcorn but according to the sat nav I was riding the crest of the Mersey tidal flow.😀. So unless you know that the map is up to date it might be best to get converse with something like Waze on your smart phone.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links