Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New member from north Wales

sparky2432

Hi , I’m new here , but have been working on cars for many years, I hope to fit in well 

Welcome,

An influx of new members from North Wales recently joined. I'm off to your part of the country for a week at the end of May! Been South Wales 3 times previously, will be first time in the north! Staying in a lovely barn converted house in Corwen, isolated farmland for peace. Will be looking to attempt Snowdon!

Nice! Take a walk along the river Dee, nice and relaxing, then you have the market towns of Bala, Betwys Y Coed, to explore, and onward to Snowdon. Plan your day carefully at Snowdon, use the official car parks otherwise your car will be towed! The car parks are chargeable, check on the weather before you set off, what can be a lovely day at sea level can be horrendous at the top. Enjoy your stay here 

• Thanks 1

Hello Mark - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

1 hour ago, Mojo1010 said:

Welcome,

An influx of new members from North Wales recently joined. I'm off to your part of the country for a week at the end of May! Been South Wales 3 times previously, will be first time in the north! Staying in a lovely barn converted house in Corwen, isolated farmland for peace. Will be looking to attempt Snowdon!

Easy peasy,  take the train up, walk down if you want. 😎

I'm a moderate hiker, have hiking boots, waterproofs and walking sticks also, will definitely pick a good weather day during the week to do snowdon. I always pack an extra jumper & pair of socks in case. Have done Scarfell Pike in the Lakes and ascent 1300m of Mount Teide in Tenerife 5 years ago, so I reckon I can give Snowdon a good go. Yes will be using a car park which is £6 I think, at the Llanberis Path.

Will be exploring so many beautiful places, Anglesey, bodnant garden, aqueduct, some castles, will looks into river Dee + others mentioned,  seasides/beaches/watersports also. 

I have walked Snowdon many times, and NEVER had a good view from the top, always been dull/raining/snowing :rolleyes: still, a lovely part of the world. Sensible precautions are layered clothes, plenty of fluids or water, food, first aid kit, whistle. All can be packed neatly in a ruck sack, fully charged phone, but if you get near the top and its snowing or icy, turn back, I have been up in terrible conditions but been with experienced people and all the equipment for ice

Harlech castle/beaches are stunning

The only reason I mentioned the Dee is it's a leisurely walk, lovely scenery etc, maybe at the end of the day for an hour or so when you have had a day out, see if you can see any Salmon running the river 

Enjoy your trip  

• Like 1

Llandudno is a nice town to visit, but there again you may not like it….it’s flat…..that is until you get to the Great Orme!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parts-King said:

I have walked Snowdon many times, and NEVER had a good view from the top, always been dull/raining/snowing :rolleyes: still, a lovely part of the world. Sensible precautions are layered clothes, plenty of fluids or water, food, first aid kit, whistle. All can be packed neatly in a ruck sack, fully charged phone, but if you get near the top and its snowing or icy, turn back, I have been up in terrible conditions but been with experienced people and all the equipment for ice

Harlech castle/beaches are stunning

The only reason I mentioned the Dee is it's a leisurely walk, lovely scenery etc, maybe at the end of the day for an hour or so when you have had a day out, see if you can see any Salmon running the river 

Enjoy your trip  

Thanks. I do packed all the things u mentioned, apart from the whistle which I don't have. I also packed a thermal hat and pair of gloves too. Very good idea to have a whistle, will look to get one. I got a 35l osprey rucksack and a standalone waterproof cover for it, so plenty of rooms for things. 

This trip has been postponed for 2 years due to COVID related reasons so very much looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

Oooh Llandudno! I knew a lady there by name of Mandy Rodrigues who (IIRC) was a writer for CRASH! magazine and several other 8-bit computing mags from back in the day. Was also the head of the 3D Construction Kit User Group I was a member of! Ahh good times, good memories :biggrin: 

Only been to Wales a few times... last time was for some training. 4 of us in a colleagues 1.0L Polo vs the hilly roads of Wales... we nearly had to get out and push on some of them! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2022 at 5:39 PM, Mojo1010 said:

Thanks. I do packed all the things u mentioned, apart from the whistle which I don't have. I also packed a thermal hat and pair of gloves too. Very good idea to have a whistle, will look to get one. I got a 35l osprey rucksack and a standalone waterproof cover for it, so plenty of rooms for things. 

This trip has been postponed for 2 years due to COVID related reasons so very much looking forward to it. 

Good luck! 👍

You can expect it to be 9 degrees or so cooler on the top than the bottom of the mountain, so if it's 9 at the bottom, it will be freezing or colder at the top, more if you take in any freezing rain or wind chill. Don't overdo it, if you get tired/cold/hungry etc etc just come down, no shame in being sensible. There are some sheer drops near the top, the last thing you need is to be slipping off because you overdid things 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links