Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mirror link

bill01

Has anyone been able to successfully use mirror link.

My car is a 2018 Aygo x play with a 2 button infotainment unit and after many attempts have only been able to get Glympse on the screen and nothing else even though I have floating apps on my phone (HTC U11)

• 1 month later...

A bit late, but MirrorLink is pretty much dead in the water now. I haven't got it to work at all with a Android and several iPhones. And from what i've read it was more trouble then its worth when it did work.

28 minutes ago, Grote_Smurf said:

A bit late, but MirrorLink is pretty much dead in the water now. I haven't got it to work at all with a Android and several iPhones. And from what i've read it was more trouble then its worth when it did work.

Useless, in my view. There was only Spotify, apparently, that worked when I tried it in 2016.

8 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

Useless, in my view. There was only Spotify, apparently, that worked when I tried it in 2016.

Yes, app makers had to build in MirrorLink support, a few did but if the official MirrorLink website is any indication it died out pretty soon after 2016: https://mirrorlink.com/, the most recent phone listed on there is a 2016 Samsung. A navigation app also worked, Sygic i think? among a few others, but it seems that when Android Auto and Apple CarPlay gained traction MirrorLink was dropped like a rock by app makers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Getting a phone holder might be a better idea than trying to make mirrorlink work I would guess.

10 hours ago, CallMeRyan said:

Getting a phone holder might be a better idea than trying to make mirrorlink work I would guess.

... and swapping the 2 button radio for a 3 button one to get CarPlay and Android Auto working?

23 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

... and swapping the 2 button radio for a 3 button one to get CarPlay and Android Auto working?

I'm thinking about it, but it is the expensive option.

19 minutes ago, Grote_Smurf said:

I'm thinking about it, but it is the expensive option.

They often appear on auction websites and scrap dealers for a more sensible price.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links