Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window Tinting

Palavea

Hi,

Could anyone give me some advise on having my windows tinted, I just want slight tinting, I have a Eclipse Black Yaris Verso and if I have it too dark it will look like a heubik.

Does the film work, the DIY method or is it worth having it done by the profs?

I would be grateful for any advice.

Palavea :thumbsup:

Hello, DIY is cheaper but if you dont have pacience then my advice is get someone else to do it!

DIY yes is the cheapest option but unless u've had experience, or r able to take out the glass and work on a bench with it i really wouldnt recomend, it will be an complete nightmare tryin 2 get it to look good withought any bubles and ull only notice in perfections ev time u look at it as u know they r there

Id recomend gettin a pro 2 do it, i believe cheapest ive seen to get it done is £160, shop around for a few prices :thumbsup:

go gold an its 160 quid for the lot ive got light smoke on my light black yaris which is jus right as ne darker would be out of place

Palavea, where in shrops are you? I'm In Telford and i got mine done at a placecalled stripemaster, its worth getting the pros to do it otherwise it will end up all bubby like you see on G reg cavaliers! :thumbsup:

I would do what lee has said 160 quid + 25quid(membership) is a lot cheaper than 300quid that I was quoted for all windows

Yeah get it done proffesionally! You dont want horrible bubbles appearing. Mine cost me £170 and it looks great. It was a TOC member who did it too, but he is in Scotland.

Hi,

Thanks for that, Radtoy, I am in Telford aswell, where is this place that you mentioned and if you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you.

The thing I don't want it to look like, is like some of the moded Cavaliers that I have seen around me, where it has gone all bubbly.

Many Thanks

Palavea :thumbsup:

Its called stripemaster and its on the old council yard in donnington of you know it?

Its an entrance just off the roundabout in front of ASDA,(where the ARC car wash is) Follow the road round the back of the units and hes in one of the units on the back row. Dead easy to find mate.

Cost me £200 and i had mine done blue which looks cool on a blue car. He does loads of different colours aswell as the normal greays/blacks you see. Worth going to get a quote i'm sure :thumbsup:

I do beleave that the front side windows have to be kept clear i think that the law changed in Jan this year

Anything on the back windows, only 30% tinted on the front sides. Nothing on windscreen

you can have it on the front but it must not be on within the bottom 30CM

you can have it on the front but it must not be on within the bottom 30CM

???

Im sure you can have the whole front window done but not more than 30% darker.

PM fimmo as he runs his own tinting business and knows the score!!

any body know of anywhere on the south coast to get it done?as there is bugger all on the isle of wight!!!!!! :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links