Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

CD Player in new models

CriticalT

New models comes out without CD players.

Is there any model of USB external CD player that can be linked into the car audio system

I ordered a really good product but not compatible with any Toyota model.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Someone asked this in another thread a little while ago; It depends on what the car supports - If it supports WAV then you can use something like this: https://connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/ADV-USBCD

...but if it only supports MP3/WMA then that won't work.

You can also see if your car has a CD changer port at the back of the headunit, but sourcing the CD changer to plug into it will probably be quite tricky even if it does...!

IMHO it's not worth the effort or cost; Easier just to rip all your CDs to MP3 files and stick them on a USB stick...!

• Like 1

Not sure if FLAC files are supported on the latest Toyotas, but the benefit of that format is no loss of quality compared to the original data off the CD. Is use that format to listen to my music through £5k of hifi equipment, my CDs have all moved into the loft. Ripping them all is a labour of love but well worth it for the convenience gained in the end.

Yeah I keep all my master rips in FLAC, but in a car, esp. my Mk4, there is so much road noise that I couldn't tell between a 128k MP3 and a FLAC anyway, so I choose to cram more songs onto the stick :laugh: 

• Like 2

I just use Android auto and Youtube music, sounds good. I only listen to music rarely in the car, so even on a 4gb data plan i don't get anywhere near using it up

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 11:47 PM, Red_Corolla said:

Ripping them all is a labour of love but well worth it for the convenience gained in the end.

Yes, I've been there and done that a number of times over the years, mainly to get the best from HDCD rips, or be sure that it's an "Acurip", etc. Next to cars, I've spent more on hifi than I care to think about these days. I really don't think FLAC/ALAC is worth using in a car, well, maybe in a car that's very quiet, but in, say, a Yaris, I think there's too much background noise.

OTOH, the hard part about ripping CDs is metadata, setting it right and having the sorting options set up correctly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

Yes, I've been there and done that a number of times over the years, mainly to get the best from HDCD rips, or be sure that it's an "Acurip", etc. Next to cars, I've spent more on hifi than I care to think about these days. I really don't think FLAC/ALAC is worth using in a car, well, maybe in a car that's very quiet, but in, say, a Yaris, I think there's too much background noise.

OTOH, the hard part about ripping CDs is metadata, setting it right and having the sorting options set up correctly.

I would agree that lossless formats are wasted inside a car, it's an absolute disaster of a listening environment, no matter how well soundproofed. But it is, like so many subjects in the world of audio, a matter of opinion. 😊

• Like 1

I had a CD player in the auris I had never used once all the music was on the usb trouble is with the corolla is you can’t use the usb and android auto at the same time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

But it is, like so many subjects in the world of audio, a matter of opinion. 😊

yep, the kinds of dispute that can lead to pistols at dawn 🤣 !

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links