Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whining Clutch On Rev 3 G Ltd

essexlee

hi all,

i have got a rev3 g ltd import, had a standard clutch fitted about 3 months ago, all has been well.

yesterday i was driving and it seemed strange, a couple of times it felt like a clutch cable had snapped and clutch went straight down, and the biting point was right near the bottom, up and down a couple of times and all was back to normal, back to the fun in the sun! everyones happy.

until.......my dad gets home after using it tonight with the same old voice, lee, he says, your cars making a funny noise. ah, that one again, like the time it nearly crashed with a lorry and it fishtailed out of control off a roundabout, while i was at home and he was driving, it was that kind of "lee......."

Basically when the clutch is in, it whines, the pitch of this whine changes if you press the throttle with the clutch in, nice tunes, but really not what i wanna hear. So has anyone experienced this or have any clue what it is? help would really be appreciated asap.

Thanks a lot

Lee

no idea mate, take it to your local garage and see if they can come up with an answer for your problem

I believe it's a hydraulic clutch anyway... no cable to snap(?) :huh:

If the clutch is whining when you depress the pedal, that signifies that the release thrust bearing is naffed! :(

someone else on another forum mentioned thrust bearing, big job do you know?

i didnt mean i thought the cable had snapped, that was just how it felt when the clutch went in, basically it just dropped. cheers tho, i wasnt sure if it was hydraulic,.

!Removed! cars!

The bearing is a kinda "known problem" .. when I got a new clutch I specified they "greased the hell" out of it ..

I *think* it's a clutch out job .. so yeah - costly .. I've heard they can last a long time making the noise .. but when they do let go it's a nightmare :(

When you had that clutch fitted, couldnt part of the labour you paid for to be to check and grease that bearing? Id put some pressure on the people that did it for you - see what happens!

ill pop and see em, the bloke who did it was a mate, who i dont really talk to now, so it should make for a fun conversation.

is it a fitting problem or a supplier problem would you say? dam cars!!!!!

just spoke to fensport, not too happy!!

they said that they agree its a manufacturer fault, and it will be covered under warranty, then the fun part, i had to buy another clutch, they will get it here tomorrow, then send back the old one, which to be fair he said they will collect, which will then have to go to ada or somewhere, people who make them. and they will make a decision on it. if they say its not our fault where does that leave me? screwed and over £200 light. they point blank refused to compensate any of the £120 fitting fee i am going to have to pay due to their dodgy part, so i am waiting for the manager to ring back in a couple of days when hes back. It mentions it on the website, but i still think thats <the spuds of lurrrrvve>s! they supply a part, if its dodgy then the customer has to swallow any labour costs due to their faulty goods, am i alone thinking thats wrong??

Claim under the Under the Trades Discriptions act. According to the DTI, " A product must be fit for the purpose it was designed for". Your clutch obviously wasn't and it's not your fault.

You shouldn't have to pay for it to be fitted! The garage should do that.

Go to the Citizens Advice Bureau for more info on how to proceed.

cheers earl, that was the next step i was gunna take. i dont think that it was the garage who fitted its fault, as it was an internal problem with the product itself, for example if it was a cd player and the wiring caught fire that would more likely be fitting.

ill get in touch with CAB and see. i think that as they have got the disclaimer on there website, they may be out of the ****, but it still seems a bit stupid, have to hasssle the manager with the old goodwill one if it comes to it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links