Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What U Reckon?

houston

what do u lot think would be the best place to put my amp? i was gonna put it in front of car but changed my mind when i realised what it would take, so im thinking put it under passenger seat but would it get too hot there? i was also thinking of the boot but running leads through engine bay will cause interference even with good leads, any suggestions? finally off on thursday so i can pull the car to bits :fear:

I bought my car with with a (awful) amp in the boot so replaced it for a slightly one, but wiring it in (even with the exsisting holes) was complete pig!!

When I changed the amp I also upgraded the Speakers but this somehow managed to pick up a nice interfearence whine from the power steering pump. :blink:

Despite rewiring it twice - I had to admit defeat and take it along to a proper car-install place. They then spent 3 hours getting rid of about 90% of the interfearence but there is still a very slight whine :ffs: .

In short.......... I would'nt recommend a boot install. I have heard of a number of other places.... under the passenger seat, or on the shelf behind the seats (on a no t-bar) or in the front seem to the most common places after that - hope that helps :D

in the front you have PAS .. in the boot you have ECU and Alternator ..

I've got my behind each seat - loose. And they are too thick to slide under the seats .. :(

ok, thanks for the help, think im just gonna have to leave it loose, i have another question! (i know) im fitting an aftermarket stereo so will i still need an fm modulator? if not then theres a one here up for grabs

ok, thanks for the help, think im just gonna have to leave it loose, i have another question! (i know) im fitting an aftermarket stereo so will i still need an fm modulator? if not then theres a one here up for grabs

depends what you wanna plug into it ..

I needed on for my Xbox as UK Alpine AUX cables are different to Jap Alpine AUX cables ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links