Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2018 onwards

phillev

Just out of interest I have noticed looking at several pictures of the 2018 facelift version on the lower part of the front bumper where the black protector runs along on some Aygos  there appears to be a black trim that wraps around the underside left and right that meets it which makes sense so the left and right lower parts of the bumper are also protected, just looked on my 70 plate and it does not have them and looking at others it appears to be hit and miss whether they are fitted regardless of spec. Any ideas as to why they would do this? I have enclosed two pictures for reference.

3ba9cd672d994ab8a2ca99f60f311c01.jpg

e44d2de13a7c4e0eb14172b3d4e31098.jpg

x-play is second in the range some cars have added trim packs

Like.............

Exterior exchange panels

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/21532b0c-926c-4e74-a524-1de82ed0dea3/Aygo_Exchange_panels_52112_0H070_AIM_003_211_5.pdf

Side trim

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/77b359b8-13ee-4c21-b8ef-5ded376cc6c1/Yaris_5Dr_Side_Sills_PZ415_90492_AIM_003_127_4.pdf

Edit. it's a protection/sports pack that includes the front skirt and protector (comes up as with 15" alloys and fog lights)

Standard on the X-Trend upwards

Cheers for the info, mine is an Xtrend though and these are not fitted which seems odd.

46 minutes ago, phillev said:

mine is an Xtrend though

Please update your profile from the 2015 X-Play.

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

The first link is for the pre-facelift Aygo(2014-2018) which has different front panels to the post facelift (2018 on)

On 2/14/2022 at 5:53 PM, phillev said:

Just out of interest I have noticed looking at several pictures of the 2018 facelift version on the lower part of the front bumper where the black protector runs along on some Aygos  there appears to be a black trim that wraps around the underside left and right that meets it which makes sense so the left and right lower parts of the bumper are also protected, just looked on my 70 plate and it does not have them and looking at others it appears to be hit and miss whether they are fitted regardless of spec. Any ideas as to why they would do this? I have enclosed two pictures for reference.

3ba9cd672d994ab8a2ca99f60f311c01.jpg

e44d2de13a7c4e0eb14172b3d4e31098.jpg

23 hours ago, flash22 said:

1568845480_aygomk2frontspoiler.thumb.jpg.5472d13987e0e25414eb29effb3bf219.jpg

As per the picture above all models in the UK will have 76851 only X-shift and the final run out models with Stop/start feature 76859B & 76869B

18 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

As per the picture above all models in the UK will have 76851 only X-shift and the final run out models with Stop/start feature 76859B & 76869B

Suffering with Covid and being bored rigid I have found several on the  same year model from 2018 and X-shifts that have them and others that don't so I am confused, I certainly think the car looks better with them fitted and might go for a set as long as they are not to hard to fit. Strange though I think they all should have them.

5 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Just a few inserts and bolts, simple enough

Just had a look underneath and it looks like the splash guard is mounted by some bolts to the bumper so you cannot get your fingers up there to put the screw retainers on, now I've ordered them knowing my luck I will struggle to fit them unless just removing those bottom bolts will leave enough room as I don't fancy taking that inner wing protector off. If anyone can advise I would be most grateful thanks.

This is the part that locks the screw, does anybody know if this would locate by pushing through the holes in the bottom that are there to take the side spoiler trim or would they locate by going from the inside requiring removal of the splash guard? These are the same part no. that is fitted to the black lower protector that runs along the front of the bumper.

p1.jpg

I still don't understand though why these are so hit and miss, I have seen some manuals fitted with them and some semi auto's on the same year that have or don't have them on from 2020 so not exactly run out models, do they forget to put them on?

1 hour ago, phillev said:

I still don't understand though why these are so hit and miss, I have seen some manuals fitted with them and some semi auto's on the same year that have or don't have them on from 2020 so not exactly run out models, do they forget to put them on?

Maybe there were production shortages and since they are not a critical part they decided to ship cars without them anyway?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links