Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just discovered this forum

Hornet3D

Hi, I am based in Wiltshire and my wife and I have just become a Toyota owner having purchased a Aygo X trend which was an ex demonstrator registered in July of last year.  I traded in a nine year old CRV and added a little cash but so little cash it was more a swap than a purchase.  It is a big change from the CRV but our lifestyle as changed over the last nine years and the Aygo is far better suited.  It was a little of a spur of the moment thing, nine o' clock in the morning we were having breakfast and discussing the CRV and by twelve thirty we had agreed the purchase.  Having seen the Aygo on line we went for a test drive, loved it and the rest is history.

Many years ago my wife and I owned mark 1 MR2 and were member's of the MR2 owners club, so we have had experience of Toyota in the past and I have to say it was always a positive experience.   The showroom had changed a lot since then but the welcome had not, just the same first class welcome.

• Like 4

Paul, same in Grantham, a good dealership and welcoming show room. I am sure it pays dividends. 

Hello Paul - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Well, if you feeling at home, get the kettle on, it’s time for a brew. 😄

Welcome, Paul, to TOC

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Well, if you feeling at home, get the kettle on, it’s time for a brew. 😄

Welcome, Paul, to TOC

No time for tea, I will have had the Aygo a week tomorrow and so far I washed and degreased the body work, even though the dealer made sure it looked pristine before we picked in up.  I applied a good quality wax and moved on to the trim and interior, all trim has been cleaned along with the carpets and the seats and then applied a preservative.  The seats and carpers should now been stain proof to some degree.

I have fitted and twin channel dash cam with cameras front and rear and set up a Battery back up so that it can run in parking mode if required without having to connect it to the main Aygo wiring.  I have added a Aygo decal to the side skirts, put protection strips on the door edges and purchased a boot tidy to take the odd essential.  Now need to turn my attention to the engine bay and any rubber components which also need some protection and, in the case of the rubber UV blockers.   After that I need to ensure this is no brake dust on the wheels before I add a protection coat to those as well, finishing off with some tyre wall gel. There is a very small scrape on the offside front bumper only about 2cm long but I want to fix that which I can now do as my Chipex repair kit has arrived.

• Like 1

Hi Paul welcome to the TOC. I have a feeling that this Aygo has found the perfect owners 👏🚘

2 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

Hi Paul welcome to the TOC. I have a feeling that this Aygo has found the perfect owners 👏🚘

Thanks, I was sorry to let the CRV go, it has been a great car to have for the last nine years, just hoping that the Aygo will be as much fun.

4 minutes ago, Hornet3D said:

Thanks, I was sorry to let the CRV go, it has been a great car to have for the last nine years, just hoping that the Aygo will be as much fun.

Given the level of care that you can give to it I would expect it to be every bit as reliable.

5 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Given the level of care that you can give to it I would expect it to be every bit as reliable.

I have always loved cars and treated them with care even if it was a hire car.  Compared with the old days there are so many good products that can be used to keep any new car looking great for a large part of it's life.  I also love the the actual process of making something shine and preserving it.  Seeing water bead up on paintwork is always a pleasant sight for me.  That said, with my advancing years, looking after the Aygo is going to be a lot easier then doing the same on something the size of a CRV.

I was also a MK1 MR2 owner for many years and a member of the owners club which I always remember being well supported by Toyota so buying another Toyota is a bit like coming home. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links