Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another newbie

Arita

Hi there people!

Ordered my car a couple of weeks back so still another few weeks until I can see it (sigh), but in the meantime I'll try and learn all I can about my new car. Happy to be here!

See you around the fourm 😃

4 hours ago, VladMD said:

Hi Ari, welcome to TOC!

What did you order? 

What did you drive before?

See you around!

2.0 Corolla TS GR, manhattan grey. I'm still driving a Volvo S60 (love it tbf... but lease runs out and need a bigger thing) and previously a Leon 1.8tsi, Passat 2.0tdi, BMW 3 Series E43 2.0d, BMW E90 2.0d, Hyundai Sonata 2.0 and a Peugeot 205GRD lol. That's me!

• Like 1

Hello Ari - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 1:07 PM, Arita said:

2.0 Corolla TS GR, manhattan grey. I'm still driving a Volvo S60 (love it tbf... but lease runs out and need a bigger thing) and previously a Leon 1.8tsi, Passat 2.0tdi, BMW 3 Series E43 2.0d, BMW E90 2.0d, Hyundai Sonata 2.0 and a Peugeot 205GRD lol. That's me!

you mean BMW e46, right? not e43?

How do you find Volvo? Always wanted to give Volvo a try, they have good reviews but I am not sure they are reliable as older Volvo cars, unless it is a myth!

I guess what stops me getting a Volvo is the price - you can get a BMW 5 series for the money of S/V90. Good looking cars though!

TS GR - great looking car! Did you have a test drive in one of these? How does it compare to Volvo? Quieter? Comfier?

Thanks

16 minutes ago, VladMD said:

you mean BMW e46, right? not e43?

How do you find Volvo? Always wanted to give Volvo a try, they have good reviews but I am not sure they are reliable as older Volvo cars, unless it is a myth!

I guess what stops me getting a Volvo is the price - you can get a BMW 5 series for the money of S/V90. Good looking cars though!

TS GR - great looking car! Did you have a test drive in one of these? How does it compare to Volvo? Quieter? Comfier?

Thanks

LOL yes, E46... I might have been the only one in the world with a E43 haha.

The S60 is without a doubt the comfier car I have ever driven. It's not for people that like sporty cars (though mine it's a R-Design) and it's not a performance car. It just loves eating miles and miles... Smooth, silent, easy to drive to be fair. Haven't had a single problem in 2 years, not a single weird thing or sound. 

I have only been on a Corolla Saloon (there are 59687456479569 private taxis now using this model in Spain) and I'm afraid it is not as comfier or as silent as the Volvo, but that is to be expected. Still pretty good all around (I bought one!) but I do believe the S60 is on another two levels regarding these two things. It is not fair on the Corolla to be brought up against a "premium" saloon, though little things like having rear folding seats as standard in the Toyota make up for other things if I'm honest!

Ref the price... I only got this one just pre-COVID and they were DESPERATE to get S60s on the road, so the deal was really really good. My previous Leon was a lease as well and paid 10 quid more for it than I do now for the Volvo!!! But I agree they are crazy expensive. Good quality, but I reckon they could put the prices down around 6k on each model and that would be a fairer price. Looked at the V60 T6 Recharge and it is stupidly expensive, reaching 50k with less options than the Corolla Icon!!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links