Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

petrol consumption 1,0

haelewyn

On 2/18/2022 at 4:29 PM, powerman said:

The lower fuel consumption maybe due to your new car running on E10, where your previous one was predominantly run on E5 fuel. I could be wrong however.

thomas

Another factor of E10 to be considered is that ethanol absorbs water quicker/better than petrol so a car left on a driveway full of E10 will absorb more water than E5.  Not normally a factor but with the pandemic a lot of cars are spending more time sat on driveways than before.  I am not sure what effect the water is going to have on engines long team but I know it doesn't burn as well as petrol.  I am also not sure of the full impact this will have but it some motoring organisation thought it was enough to inform their members.

5 minutes ago, haelewyn said:

Yeah, that was what I was thinking about. Second hand Toyota's go crazy prices.
I did get a good discount on this one. So if somebody pays me around the price I paid for it in november, it's out of the door 🙂

It is not just Toyota prices, ten days ago the trade in on my Honda CRV was £11,500 and that was nine years old, a few years ago I would not have got anywhere near that price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Somehow I will have to get a drive of a modern Aygo and try the clutch.

I've had my (2021 model) Aygo for about 5 weeks now and have adapted to the clutch/biting point quite easily. It needs feather-light use of the throttle and fewer revs than you would imagine...pulling away with very low revs is quite easy (...I don't go chasing cars away from the lights), I found it just needed a slight adaptation to my normal driving technique. 

• Like 3

I have done a few million km in 36 years of driving and I don't think it's a small thing.
Feather light touching the throttle is often enough already to make it rev more than you would want to.
But like I said : I do have this medical condition (feet) that possibly plays a part.

And I was driving a lot more comfortable car before while this one is driving a bit like an old Lada from the 90's, in a modern jacket of course.
Little adaptations won't cut it in my case.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links