Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Workshop Manuals

shandy_man

Hi ive got a Yaris 1.0 petrol and i want to start doing some of my own basic maintance on it. Nothing to major just changing fluid ect ect. I was looking around for a work shop manual for it like a Haynes one and couldnt find anything. Im a total novice when it come to car maintance and i need some guidance.

Any ideas???

Cheers

only workshop manuals are toyota ones and they are about £70!

if your stuck on anything though give us all a shout and im sure we can help!

Hey bud, firstly welcome to the club,

Secondly i dont think there is currently a haynes manual out for the yaris at the mo, possible talks of 1 being in production, as for basic maintanse most of what u can do is fairly easy to get to grips with, some very helpufull peeps on here so if u have a question feel free to ask and im sure some1 will answer it for u :thumbsup:

thanks for the advice and the welcome. I really dont know a thing about cars apart from how to drive them. to start with the basics how would i change the oil?

thanks

ever changed oil on a car before????

or do you need to know the full basics aswell as specific car techniques??

(not patronising just asking to be sure :P )

Hi,

shandy_man, look around and see if there aren't any shools in your region that give night courses on car mechanics. You'll learn all the basic stuff like oil changes, filter changes, how all things work. If they're any good they will let you do those jobs on your own car.

As far as Toyota manuals are concerned, they assume you have a certain level of knowledge and experience, basic things like oil changes and so aren't even covered in these manuals ( I just went through a couple and i hade trouble finding a drawing that even shows the drain plug).

Cheers, Yves.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links