Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ange1256

Hi , joined as ordered a new Yaris 11/21.. waiting patiently : checking estimated delivery times 😬

• Like 1

Welcome to the Club. Now for the wait.

What model did you order, and did the Dealer give you an idea of when it might arrive?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Big_D said:

Welcome to the Club. Now for the wait.

What model did you order, and did the Dealer give you an idea of when it might arrive?

Hi . I ordered a black dynamic With city pack November 21 . Originally told April 22 then June 22!! My app updated this week to highlight build in France , but not saying started building as yet .. just waiting……

• Like 1

Hello Angela - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

• Like 2

Hi Angela, welcome to the TOC forum. The new Yaris Hybrid Mark 4 is a little genius of a car, you will really like it. Is this your first Toyota Yaris??.

• Like 2

Welcome, Angela...good choice😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Hi Angela, welcome to the TOC forum. The new Yaris Hybrid Mark 4 is a little genius of a car, you will really like it. Is this your first Toyota Yaris??.

58 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Thanks , previously had a Yaris 08 … then onto a mini .. back to the Yaris …

but the waiting is a challenge!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ange1256 said:

Thanks , previously had a Yaris 08 … then onto a mini .. back to the Yaris …

but the waiting is a challenge!

Yes it’s abnormal of course, but all manufacturers are in the same boat. The Yaris Hybrid Mark 4 is unrecognizable in relation to the Mark 2. Hopefully they equally as reliable as the Mark 2🙏

• Like 2

After my experiences with the Mk2 I hope it's a LOT more reliable than the Mk2!!! :fear: :laugh: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cyker said:

After my experiences with the Mk2 I hope it's a LOT more reliable than the Mk2!!! :fear: :laugh: 

Oh dear, you must have been unlucky my wife had one for years and not a bother.

• Like 2

Yeah, I think it was partly bad luck and partly choosing the wrong one (It was a 09, so the first one when they put a completely new compliance engine and gearbox in it... the engine notorious for high oil consumption... and then the gearbox broke... and then the AC system...)

5 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, I think it was partly bad luck and partly choosing the wrong one (It was a 09, so the first one when they put a completely new compliance engine and gearbox in it... the engine notorious for high oil consumption... and then the gearbox broke... and then the AC system...)

Maybe she was lucky 🤔

• Like 1

Well my postmortem research suggests I should have gotten the 2006-2008 1.3L instead of the 2009+ 1.33L - The older ones used the same 1.3L engine and gearbox as the Mk1 Yaris and it's basically indestructible as long as it gets regular oil changes :laugh: 

The new one was build for emissions compliance and, as it turned out, sacrificed some reliability. They did fix it in the later models, but those all had analogue dials and I really wanted the digital dashboard!

Or just gotten the 1.0L (Also indestructible!), but after driving an Aygo I just didn't think I could deal with that on regular motorway runs, esp. as the Yaris Mk2 is a lot heavier and voluminous than an Aygo!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Well my postmortem research suggests I should have gotten the 2006-2008 1.3L instead of the 2009+ 1.33L - The older ones used the same 1.3L engine and gearbox as the Mk1 Yaris and it's basically indestructible as long as it gets regular oil changes :laugh: 

The new one was build for emissions compliance and, as it turned out, sacrificed some reliability. They did fix it in the later models, but those all had analogue dials and I really wanted the digital dashboard!

Or just gotten the 1.0L (Also indestructible!), but after driving an Aygo I just didn't think I could deal with that on regular motorway runs, esp. as the Yaris Mk2 is a lot heavier and voluminous than an Aygo!

Aye my wife’s is still running strong. My daughter in law has it running around Dublin 👏🚘

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links