Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Beeping noise

phillev

Been driving my 70 plate MMT for a week now and twice for no apparent reason it's produced a series of very fast beeps that lasted for about a second or so. Car is driving fine and no issues with gear changes etc or warning lights and it has only done 3.8k. I'm not sure if it's the TSS or a gearbox warning, thanks for any help.

Try to drive without wearing the seat belt and recognize the beep of that..
Or the handbrake slightly on.

Then you can compare and know if the beep is about one of these things or an other one.

Has your car got a system to measure distance between your car and the one in front of it ?
Or front parking sensors ?
That could be the cause of it too.
In my Auris 2015 the front parking sensors sometimes started to beep on the highway and I've read information saying they still have this problem sometimes on newer cars.

Thanks for the reply, definitely not a seat belt or handbrake warning noise having driven Aygos for a number of years. Its either gearbox or safety sense related and I'm not sure which.

My bet would be the pre-collision warning system.

Read the manual and adjust the sensitivity to suit your driving style.

3 hours ago, martswain said:

My bet would be the pre-collision warning system.

Read the manual and adjust the sensitivity to suit your driving style.

I'd agree mine goes off when you cross the lines in the road I think it's a good system to have 

32 minutes ago, Dave the aygo said:

I'd agree mine goes off when you cross the lines in the road I think it's a good system to have 

That's the Lane Departure Warning, different to the Pre-Collision Warning.

The OP has to work out which one it is !

One other question, I am getting used to driving this after years of a manual and I went from 2nd to first while slowing for traffic and am now paranoid I may have damaged something. I am sure I read somewhere though that the mmt box will only let you select a gear if the speed range the vehicle is travelling at is suitable so I am hoping I haven't over revved the engine.

I'm also fairly sure it won't let you down-shift when it will overrev the engine so I reckon you're okay.

That engine can rev pretty high anyway so unless you were doing over 40mph when you went to 1st you're probably safe :laugh: 

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

I'm also fairly sure it won't let you down-shift when it will overrev the engine so I reckon you're okay.

That engine can rev pretty high anyway so unless you were doing over 40mph when you went to 1st you're probably safe :laugh: 

According to the manual the mmt only does 27mph in first and I am not sure how fast I was going which is annoying I just remember the revs going up.

18 hours ago, martswain said:

That's the Lane Departure Warning, different to the Pre-Collision Warning.

The OP has to work out which one it is !

The Lane Departure Warning can be turned off using the button on the lower right of the steering wheel, that's an easy way to check.

The sensitivity of the TSS (Pre-Collision warning) can be adjusted to one of three levels using the button on the dash to the right of the steering wheel that is partially hidden by the steering wheel.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links