Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

double din radio

pwoodgate49

Hi All,

Sometime ago i posted a query about getting a spare ignition key for my 2012 Toyota AYGO.Your comments were very helpful and i can report job done.I can recommend Steven Eagell at Cambridge.Now i have a radio query.My car has had a touchscreen radio fitted,not very well i might add and not much seems to work.I would like to replace it but with what?.All i want is digital radio,cd player and usb port ,not bothered about blue tooth or any of that stuff,any ideas?,the price range seems to be wide but i only want a basic unit,

Peter

What do you have at the moment ? i take it you don't want android auto/apple car play

can you post a pic

With or without touch screen ?

Hi Flash,

Thanks for the reply,will a picture of just the touchscreen do as without taking the front off i can't see anymore?,

Peter

Just send a photo of the front, if he wants more he will come back to you.

Hi Catlover,

Thanks for the reply.I will post a picture in the next day or two when i can get someone more able than me to take it.I am not too competent on the technology,

Peter

Hi all,

1. Back again with photo,hope it will do.In reply to Flash i confirm i don't want android or anything like that.Basically a digital radio if possible assuming they are superior to FM and a cd player and usb port

Car Radio 27022022.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like a no name Chinese radio, DAB is a can of worms re. quality

most modern radios (90% of double dins) don't have a CD player, you can get what you desire in single din no problem from around £120 - double din is a bit more expensive starting around £180 for something half decent

eg.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-AVH-A240DAB-1027017/dp/B093QKPZ92

Hi Flash,

Many thanks for your help,your example looks to be suitable,i will let you know how it goes,

Peter

Hi All,

Back again with an update.I got a Pioneer avh a240dab and have installed it but it will not hold in memory, date and stations.All i did regarding the wiring was to place the harness that came with the radio that ends with two blocks and joined them to the corresponding blocks coming out of the car wiring harness.Do i need to check that i have got a permanent power wire connected from the car harness to the radio and if so how?.Everything does work with only the storing giving a problem.There is also a green handbrake wire which i have done nothing with.The radio works as it is connected so i assumed i did'nt need it,

Peter

You need to swap the permanent live (yellow wire) and ignition switched live (red wire) on Pioneer harness. Hopefully these are colours of wires on the harness that came with Pioneer unit and also hopefully it has connectors (bullet or spade) on those 2 wires so you can easily swap them over cos it a common problem. 

The green handbrake wire probably to allow certain functionality i.e. films etc only working when the car is parked.

Hi Puglet,

Thanks for that,i will try it,

Peter

Hi Puglet,

Just to let you know your advice was spot on,i now have a fully functioning radio,many thanks,

Peter

• Like 3

Enjoy your new toy, i bet it's a lot better sounding and easier to use than the junk you had before

re. green wire this is for playing video/dvd it requires the handbrake to be on for video playback

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links