Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MMT recalibration after clutch change

MarcPB

Hello

I put a new clutch in my 2006 MMT Aygo and have gone through the manual steps of recalibrating the ECU, clutch, and transmission all of which involve a paperclip in the OBD2 socket and a sequence of brake pedal and gearstick wiggling. I can get as far as the 'learning stage' during which I can hear the gear change banging about a bit but when I switch the engine on the N just flashes and the car will not engage a gear.

This seems to be a common issue to which the answer is either take it to a Toyota dealer which I can't because it won't drive, or keep trying the same thing over and over until it works.

Does anyone have a better idea?

Most grateful

marc

INF12215_GB.pdf

Did you replace the clutch parts with a specific MMT clutch kit, or a general Aygo clutch kit?

13 hours ago, planc said:

Did you replace the clutch parts with a specific MMT clutch kit, or a general Aygo clutch kit?

The 190mm MMT kit by Exedy

i take it you put it in clamp mode before you started ?

I would run through the clamp mode and init procedure again (need to be done to the letter)

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

i take it you put it in clamp mode before you started ?

I would run through the clamp mode and init procedure again (need to be done to the letter)

Thanks Flash

Unfortunately I didn't know about the clamp mode until afterwards when I started the reset. I have since put it in clamp mode and then gone through the initialization process with the three bolts slackened but without success. 

Is there an affordable scan tool that will reset it? Some mention of Launch but there are several models. 

I am thinking I need to adjust the clutch poking rod (or whatever it's called) on the actuator but it will be just ham-fisted guess work as to where it should be. 

• 2 weeks later...

Problem is now solved

It seems that the clutch adaption process only allows a small amount of adjustment. If it is way out, it takes several goes with each one getting closer until it eventually works.

I took the actuator off, cleaned it, lubed it, and refitted with it pushed as far towards the engine side as it would go. I then repeated the adaption process and it worked. 

So it seems the advice to keep repeating is correct albeit very boring

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links