Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

C-hr Footwell illumination

Merlin_gr

Hi, i 'm waiting for a my2022 to arrive and i 'm thinking into getting the Footwell illumination. Anyone got this? I 'm wondering if the colour is exactly the same as the colour of the illumination in the switches of the dashbord, TCS button etc. Thanks in advance. 

Don’t if it’s exactly the same colour but they are blue I had some fitted to my auris when I had it and they were the same colour as the backlit switches.

on the corolla I fitted some myself bought some blue led lights of the sort that are fitted to the side of trucks off eBay they are encased in rubber cromets and I drilled two holes one in each of the footwell plastic under dash covers and wired them in to the rear lights fuse they come on when the auto lights come on.

if you want them to come on when the car is unlocked as courtesy lights you have to wire them in each side to the courtesy light circuit. I am not sure if the Toyota ones come on with the lights or are on just when you unlock the car and go off shortly afterwards on the auris they were on when you turned the lights on have to say though they were not very effective was a dealer fitted option £250 I think.

• Like 1

The Toyota kit is a lot of stripping down and routing for what it’s worth: Just a couple of lights in the footwell. Should be standard imo.

Hi all, thanks for the replies! I 'm getting the car delivered today! In the end, i didn't add the footwell illumination because i found the manual and indeed it has a lot of stripping down. Also, i saw the lighting in the back seat and i dont like it at all. I might get it in the future, but for the front seats only! 

• 9 months later...

I have now added the footwell and door handle illumination. Has not turned out to bad. Had the dealer fitt the footwell kit as when I saw the Toyota instructions and it looked like you had to take half the car apart I thought that the quote of £250 all in was reasonable.

I did the door handles as they were fairly straight forward. The rear doors being the hardest as less gap for the fish tape to go down the back of the door trim. Eventually suceeded.20221227_185546.thumb.jpg.50f050224a366be2146af861c78e0da8.jpg

• Like 1

Door handles do look good, I may have to look in to that mod.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links