Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Plastic frame for gearstick gaiter

Steveg59

Hi , just wondered if anyone has ever had the need to buy just the frame . Mines annoyingly broken but don't want to pay £50 or £60 for a whole new gaiter and frame . Any ideas welcomed.  

Thanks in advance  . 

eBay only shows surrounds for 2018 model one at £10 the other at £43.  I guess I would be looking at getting one from a scarp yard and using one of the search web sites where you put in the requirement and the scrap yards contact you.  I have been successful using them more than once but that was a few years ago so I really can't recommend any particular web site.

Have you tried "welding" the plastic. This can be done using a standard soldering iron and some cable ties. A word of warning though, the fumes from melted plastic can be dangerous.

Another option is a product called "Bondic". It is expensive but has worked for me on many occasions. It may not be the answer for your repair though

Another solution I've heard of but never tried, is mixing acetone with lego bricks. Apparently this makes a sticky plastic compound that can be used to glue plastic. Try this at your own risk though as I've never done this myself.

Suspect it comes as one piece frame and gaiter as they joined with heavy duty staples, but as per Flash's post a scrappy one is cheap enough.

Changed the gear gaiter on our similar 107 few years ago and yes it is fiddly, I swore it wouldn't fit at first, but a patience pill and it did go on, but it took a while. I reused the original staples/frame holes, but think other peeps have glued theirs on.

Patience is key. I heard a saying many years ago - Slow is smooth ans smooth is fast.

In other words, do things slowly. The better you get at something the faster it will naturally become.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links