Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

clivecalpe

I've had a new Yaris for just over a year, have to say I didn't like it at all at first and would have loved to have my old Qashqai back but we purchased it because the wife didn't like the size of the Nissan and wanted something smaller. So we opted for the Yaris hybrid which at least is cheaper on fuel. But why couldn't they put a courtesy light in the back? We've got black seats and our parking is underground - can't see a thing and end up leaving things on the back seat! My other moan is no pocket in the back of the driver's seat, I always kept my vehicle docs in there and I dare not use the one in the back of the wife's seat.  I mean, how much extra would these two things cost. Only a fraction in the overall price surely. Okay, beef over and thanks to Big_D for solving a sat-nav question. Cheers everyone, Clive 🙂

Don’t know whether this will help as I don’t know what vehicle documents you carry, but I carry my licence in my wallet, insurance certificate I photo so it’s on my phone, the police can check mot and tax via Swansea. I don’t like carrying original docs and I certainly don’t like leaving in the car.

• Like 2

Yeah, it's a bit weird these little things being omitted. The fact that you need the higher specs to even get that one seat pocket, is kinda silly.

It does seem like they put all the money into the drivetrain and chassis, but skipped on the interior!

At least these things are all relatively minor; I'd rather have it this way round than a car that had a fantastic interior but drove like a boat and was always breaking down :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, clivecalpe said:

can't see a thing and end up leaving things on the back seat!

If you can't see things on the back seat, look on the bright side. Neither can thieves :biggrin:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Don’t know whether this will help as I don’t know what vehicle documents you carry, but I carry my licence in my wallet, insurance certificate I photo so it’s on my phone, the police can check mot and tax via Swansea. I don’t like carrying original docs and I certainly don’t like leaving in the car.

Same as me 👍

• Like 1

Toyota does every bit of cost cutting considering the high volume of vehicles they manufacture. Even a £1 cost would be massive amount when you factor in millions of vehicles they make. However, one can argue that they could pass the incremental cost to consumers. Not only Yaris, there are lots of cost cutting in C-HR which seem like expensive compared with similar cars. For example:

1. No usb ports or 12 v socket in the rear or boot. 

2 No grab handles for the rear passengers 

3. No sunglasses holder

4. No lining in the door bins and glove box

5. No door bins in the rear doors

6.Tiny phone holder place in the front console 

7. Interior lights are old bulb type 

8. Cheap plasticky key 

9. No air vents for rear passengers 

So guess, it is not too bad in Yaris! 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I use a small satchel kind of thing, you can call it a handbag if you want, in it I have the car  registration and the insurance, with driver's licence in my wallet also in the bag.

Where I am, the original documents are a legal requirement, I was fined for a photocopy of the registration a few years back. In France, an insurance sticker has to be shown on the windscreen as does a contrôle technique (MOT) sticker, for vehicles over 4 years old. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clivecalpe said:

I've had a new Yaris for just over a year, have to say I didn't like it at all at first and would have loved to have my old Qashqai back but we purchased it because the wife didn't like the size of the Nissan and wanted something smaller. So we opted for the Yaris hybrid which at least is cheaper on fuel. But why couldn't they put a courtesy light in the back? We've got black seats and our parking is underground - can't see a thing and end up leaving things on the back seat! My other moan is no pocket in the back of the driver's seat, I always kept my vehicle docs in there and I dare not use the one in the back of the wife's seat.  I mean, how much extra would these two things cost. Only a fraction in the overall price surely. Okay, beef over and thanks to Big_D for solving a sat-nav question. Cheers everyone, Clive 🙂

I think you can add some wireleds portable led light and some sort of bag/net behind- totally aware they won't be like original. You can remove when you sell the car. 

• Like 1

Moved to the Yaris club.

On 3/5/2022 at 3:50 PM, Stopeter44 said:

I use a small satchel kind of thing, you can call it a handbag if you want, in it I have the car  registration and the insurance, with driver's licence in my wallet also in the bag.

Where I am, the original documents are a legal requirement, I was fined for a photocopy of the registration a few years back. In France, an insurance sticker has to be shown on the windscreen as does a contrôle technique (MOT) sticker, for vehicles over 4 years old. 

Like Peter in France, in Ireland we have to have a current insurance disc, a current road tax disc, and if the car is over 4years old a current NCT (MOT) disc. All of which I believe are no longer necessary in Britain, but I stand to be corrected on that. Current driving license must be carried by the car driver also, it’s an offense not to have the drivers license to show to the police.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links