Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Locking Problem

Andy55

I have bought an Aygo for my daughter for her first car and we have weird problem with the central locking. We have replaced the Battery in the key several times but it stops working after a short time. So we started just using the key which locks both doors but then within about 5 minutes the hazard lights flash and the car unlocks itself. Any suggestions what might cause it would be gratefully received. 

Have you had any error codes read that may be present as regards replacing the Battery in the key I had a rav 4 once that would flatten the remote Battery very quickly within a week turned out the remote had a dead short in it and was U/S Try disconnecting the Battery for 15 minutes then re connect it.

First off clean the PCB with IPA - inspect the case especially the plastic posts that push the buttons, the switches should have a nice firm click if not....

It's a sticky/faulty button on the fob, either replace the fob remote or replace the switches - the part you put the Battery in is for the remote locking, there is a passive chip in the bottom right of the key for the immobilizer

There are a few people on eBay that can change the switch for you for around £15 if you can't do it your self or get a used key

the remote locking can be user programmed

do you have a spare key ? If not, get one asap

Random vid off YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-8OWfIg5Jg

Thank you both, yes it is the key, took the Battery out and the car has stayed locked. I will look at trying to fix the key over the weekend. Many thanks again.

As flash says if your changing the key/fob case make sure you swap the immobiliser chip over, probably best make sure car starts and runs before throwing any old key parts away. Sorry to go on, but heard of too many key immobiliser issues over the years on these cars as peeps thrown the immobiliser chip in the bin! and if you have no spare key then a whole load of problems.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links