Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Safety Sense / Lane Assist

RB26380

My daughter has a 69 plate Aygo that doesn’t appear to have Safety Sense fitted and would really like the lane assist feature. Is it possible to get it fitted, please?

Unfortunately the Safety Sense systems can't be retrofitted.

While it would be technically possible to do - it would be cost prohibitive to retro fit it.

Trade it in for a newer Aygo with the features factory fitted.

Ah, that’s a shame. Thanks for your help, Mike - much appreciated 😊

1 minute ago, RB26380 said:

Ah, that’s a shame. Thanks for your help, Mike - much appreciated 😊

She’s only had it for a year. Didn’t realise at the time it wasn’t present. 

4 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

While it would be technically possible to do - it would be cost prohibitive to retro fit it.

Trade it in for a newer Aygo with the features factory fitted.

She’s only had it a year.  Didn’t realise when we got it that it wasn’t fitted 😞

2 hours ago, RB26380 said:

She’s only had it a year.  Didn’t realise when we got it that it wasn’t fitted 😞

When the Aygo was facelifted in 2018, Toyota Safety Sense was an option on most grades and standard on only the X-Clusiv -

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/fresh-looks-and-more-fun-for-the-2018-toyota-aygo/

I have a Garmin DriveAssist 50LMT-D which is a sat nav with built in dash camera which provides driver alerts that include forward collision, lane departure and fatigue warnings and go alert so this may be a cost effective way of getting lane departure particularly if you do not already have a sat nav or dash camera.  I assume that Garmin is not alone in providing such a product but this is the one I have been using for almost 6 years now and therefore no it work well.  I still use it on my newly purchased Aygo as my Aygo does not have satellite navigation and the map updates on the Garmin are free.   

3 hours ago, Hornet3D said:

I have a Garmin DriveAssist 50LMT-D which is a sat nav with built in dash camera which provides driver alerts that include forward collision, lane departure and fatigue warnings and go alert so this may be a cost effective way of getting lane departure particularly if you do not already have a sat nav or dash camera.  I assume that Garmin is not alone in providing such a product but this is the one I have been using for almost 6 years now and therefore no it work well.  I still use it on my newly purchased Aygo as my Aygo does not have satellite navigation and the map updates on the Garmin are free.   

Ooh! That’s an idea 👍🏻 I’ll have a look online now. Thanks so much. 

If you cannot keep something the size of an Aygo in a motorway lane, on your own side of the road or out of a ditch then it's time to surrender your licence !

• Haha 1

With all due respect, if you can’t be polite about circumstances you know absolutely NOTHING about, it’s time you stopped commenting online. 

Don’t bother responding, I’m leaving this forum. People like you shouldn’t be online. 
Thanks everyone who did help - I appreciate your comments. As did my daughter, who has dyspraxia. Look it up - you might learn something martswain. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RB26380 said:

With all due respect, if you can’t be polite about circumstances you know absolutely NOTHING about, it’s time you stopped commenting online. 

Don’t bother responding, I’m leaving this forum. People like you shouldn’t be online. 
Thanks everyone who did help - I appreciate your comments. As did my daughter, who has dyspraxia. Look it up - you might learn something martswain. 

This might be a waste of my time as you may never read it but I find it sad you have decided to leave the forum.  Form a selfish point of view I am interested to see if you manage to sort this for your daughter.   On the wider issue I have not been on this forum long but I have found it to be very positive and the responses I have received to be polite, helpful and well informed.  On the whole there appears to be a general unwritten rule that it you cannot be polite, helpful or both don't bother posting.

I hope you reconsider and that you do find a solution for your daughters requirements.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links