Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo fan blower stopped working

noacl93

Hi,
My 08 plate semi-automatic Aygo's fan blower has abruptly stopped working. No air is being blown out at any speed option.
Does anyone have an idea of how to resolve this issue?

if you have A/C check your cabin filter, also check the blower fuse , if it's not that It's either the motor or the resistor

Thanks for the advice,
Do you know how I can identify which fuse is the blower  fuse? it's suprisngly difficult to find any information on this online.

Would an old cabin filter stop the fan from turning on at all?

15 hours ago, flash22 said:

if you have A/C check your cabin filter, also check the blower fuse , if it's not that It's either the motor or the resistor

If you can get the fan running on the highest speed but none of the slower speeds then the resistor is broken (the resistor is not used on the highest speed).

The fan looks a mare to get at, i also see there is a relay buried in the back of the dash - top of the dash has to come off

Thanks for the advice guys,
weirdly yesterday while driving it randomly started working again for about 30 minutes, before turning itself off and there beign a smell of something burning.

Looking at videos to replace the fan blower it seems like an advanced DIY task I don't feel comftoble doing myself, so it might be a trip to a mechanic for me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links