Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carwow and Motorway

Hardy888

Has anyone used these to sell their used car?

Any good or bad experiences?

• 3 months later...

Bought my Corolla with Carwow. Had a good experience with them. Dealer matched quoted price and car was delivered on time despite current uncertainties.

• Like 1

I sold in April the wife’s 60 plate Auris Hybrid and my 66 plate gen4 Prius hybrid.          
I made contact with, Motorway, Cazoo, Evans Halshaw, Best Car Buyer, HeyCar, and Motor Dough.         
Some I dropped after initial enquiry, noteably Evans Halshaw as they were lowest for both.  Some would put a price on one but not the other, that was no problem, in fact Best Car Buyer put a price on the Prius only and went on to buy it.          
The 60 Auris hybrid went to Motorway. Strange thing the was I “lost” contact for about 3 days and thought they had given up. Then I got an email one day to say my car would be on an online auction at 3pm that afternoon between dealers, and they would let me know details soon after. About 3:20pm to say top dealer bid was £xxx.  Due to illness the dealer took about 4 days to come, a little haggling, but I got a price just £700 less than I bought it for nearly 5 years earlier.  Money transferred to my account whilst the car was on my drive.        
The 66 Prius, my pride and joy, went to Best Car Buyer who came to the “game” late (can’t remember why). A price was “agreed” over the phone, told a driver would come whose job was to drive it away, not to haggle. A smartly uniformed driver arrived mid morning, come from Hull, he was from a driver company, not Best Car Buyer. Gave him the keys and documents and he went over the vehicle. Came back to me, said if he was picky he could find a couple points but he was not bothered. He put me through to BCBuyer office, ok’d all with the manager, 15 minutes and the money was in my account. I reckon they had a buyer lined up already.       
The poor experience was Motor Dough re the 12 year old Auris. On phone we “agreed” price. They sent 2 casually dressed guys to collect the car and take away on a car carry truck. Gave them the keys and docs, after going over the vehicle they called me out to point out some body defects. First one I couldn’t see a problem, said I will go and get my magnifying glass. They showed me the second which was mush to do about little, told me they had phones the office and the manager was offering £700 less then the phone price. Needless to say they went back to Wakefield without the car. That was the same day that Motorway informed me the car was in a dealer auction later that day.        
Two different experiences, one very easy, the other turned out ok. Very good experience with Best Car Buyer, Good experience with Motorway whose advert does say up to £1000 more than our competitors.      
Take my comments as you wish, I cannot guarantee you would have the same results.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links