Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seatbelt warning light.

Jacqueline22

Hi, the seatbelt warning light stays on even when the front seatbelts are being used on my Aygo 63 reg.  The connector under the passenger seat is very tight so I don’t think this is the problem and I’ve squirted connector cleaner into the seatbelt clasps.  Does anyone have any other suggestions or is this something only a car mechanic will be able to solve?

32 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Do you put anything heavy on the passenger seat? There is an occupancy detector on that seat.

Only my mother!, no seriously when someone sits on the seat with the seatbelt fastened the alarm goes off, getting louder then switches off but the red warning light keeps flashing.  Sometimes when I go round a corner it sets the whole sequence off again.

1 hour ago, Jacqueline22 said:

Sometimes when I go round a corner it sets the whole sequence off again.

Sounds like an intermittent connection or switch to me.

sounds like a loose or pulled cable under the seat, the seat belt warning is part of the SRS airbag system there is a switch in the seatbelt buckle (the bit with the button to release the belt) and a pressure pad in each seat (occupancy detection)

As an outside chance could try vacuuming the seat belt buckle in case any debris has gone through the slot and affected the switch.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links