Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Complete New Aftermarket Ice System

BBoyMurtz

Hey,

have just got my yaris and been saving up to get a decent sound system,

i have some brand new 500w 6by9" rear shelf Speakers am getting a 400w kenwood amp, i am about to buy a sony cd plyaer head unit, i have read alot about how to install it but really dont wanna mess it up, so basically i need to know exactly what i will need to fit it: which wires, which facia etc...

My car has the standard tape and radio player in built but there is a hole with a black box underneath the tape player and i understand that to fit the headunit i will ahve to take the dash apart and put the head unit in from the back, how do i plug the amp and Speakers and sub and headunit and everything together, i am really confused. is wiring an amp to the headunit hard. do i only wire the amp to the headunit and then Speakers of the amp or what? if i have 500w 6by9"s and may be getting a sub wot is the best amp to get what is the minimum W amp i need?

many people have said it is very hard to fit a head unit to my car but am prepared for the hard work.

any help and suggestions would be much appreciated as i want to get this system sorted as soon as possible. thanks

to take the car apart read the how to section , if you still get stuck just post you problems here

yeah headunit > amp > sub

ignore the peek values, the RMS on the AMP must not exceed the RMS on the sub

there enough space to put the headunit under your old one

Ive been told that halford do an ISO adapter for the headunit (just make you you dont get the MR2 version, the other one is universal)

Kenwood MP3 headunit

Yaris011.thumb.jpg

PS keep the screwdriver away from the dash

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links